Lotus

I felt this way at times on Wednesday, but really enjoyed the entire second set.

Lotus has always been a little more tame and chill compared to sts9/tDB.

4 Likes

I feel like sts9 is way more “chill”, especially now that lotus has Tim P. My beef with sts9 is how insanely chill they are, their “jams” seem to have zero progression, they just find a groove they like and stay there.

4 Likes

Lotus had their more in your face stage from 2010-2012. Felt like it never suited them and i lost interest. The show i saw the other day sparked my interest again.

Disagree about STS9. Maybe 99-02, those shows were a little more chill (also my favorite era for the band), but STS9 gets pretty buck wild sometimes.

Edit: Lotus jams more, though. At least they did. I havent consistently paid attention to sts9 since like 2008.

4 Likes

they just slowly build jams and never peak. their shows have always seemed real chill to me

2 Likes

I am mainly referring to the two bands compositions. STS9 jams (when they do jam) were always just about the pocket.

1 Like

I did indeed. went coward mode and deleted my picture

1 Like

That is way softer than Lotus

7 Likes

STS9 comps are just infinitely better than Lotus comps. which is where I am justifying my boredom with one vs the other I guess

4 Likes

Yup. I’ve tried many times, seen tons of shows with both murph and Alana, it has never once clicked with me.

2 Likes

STS9 peaked before they even became popular.

4 Likes

Yeah, Break Build Burn Lotus sucked. Lotus has always been jamband elevator music.

STS9 has had very little chill for over a decade.

They are very diff bands.

I guess replace “chill” with “boring” and you have my opinion on sound tribe

Lol I’ll accept that.

1 Like

Lotus will never be able to match early 2000’s Tribe, IMO. Shit was fuego.

[archiveorg sts92000-10-31.sbd.flac16 width=640 height=140 frameborder=0 webkitallowfullscreen=true mozallowfullscreen=true]

Edit: i have no idea how to post archive links. But thats 10/31/00.

1 Like

Way more accuate, and thats why I stopped paying attention after 2008. Im pumped for the ATX show, though.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t see them until 2009 lol

1 Like

Last few times I’ve seen STS9 they definitely had some great builds. I think Alana injected some hype into them

4 Likes

I still like Lotus and kind of bummed I missed them but I am more excited for Tribe here in March

1 Like

If anyone wants to check out more peak Tribe.

I posted 10/31/00 above.

Colorado '04:

06/24/04 - Fox Theater - Boulder, CO

06/25-26/ 04 - Mishiwaka Ampitheater - Bellvue, CO

Area 51 '04

10/09-10/04 - Area 51 Soundtest - Indian Springs, NV