Live in the Boondocks

@sociablehodor I deleted my post because I totally forgot about the IV studio sessions, haha. Didn’t read the whole thread, failcity on my part.

Do what exactly? The entire marketing for this has been vague as hell. I’m not dropping $20 to “join the band while they write, play, and hang (safely).”

Reply is seen above, haha. Hopefully, Jeremy will be able to give us more insight.

You’re right. I’m sure Jeremy has more boots to lick.

Lolol, cut him some slack, he does work for the band! He can’t be bashing stuff publicly, if he even wanted to.

2 Likes

Both nights will be 90-minute sets, to be thought of as “shows.” The “songwriting” aspect will be taking place in the day time; I can’t speak with certainty (yet), but I would imagine that if they are happy with a new song, it could be debuted. I do know they are all excited to be together again.

14 Likes

That’s what I was hoping for. I’ll probably tune in

2 Likes

@jwelsh8, thanks for tolerating us and seeking out some clarity on the event. Definitely excited to see some UM content and happy to help support the band.

4 Likes

Odds that the stream gets Tourgigs’d?

1 Like

Weird. Swear I saw $11.99 on the purchase page initially. Shoulda grabbed it then I guess…

It’s actually now called JoelStreamed

I am not stoked on the price and I would prefer a two-set traditional-style show live from a studio. Maybe one of the nights they could do that.

With that said, I am excited that they’re doing something and I will shell out the cash to see whatever it is.

I want to add that UM did do some free stuff already. UM Mondays, Joel’s live streaming how to use wifi every Wednesday and Wine Not were better than nothing. So, I am ok with them trying to do something for some cash if they’re all together. I laughed out at them trying to sell the Joel stream for $5 though.

$20 for a 90 minute show isn’t bad.

We usually pay 45+ for a normal two set.

2 Likes

QFMFT. Tough crowd

2 Likes

$20 is definitely steep for a 90 minute stream. That said, cant really blame them for wanting to make some money after all the time off

I do wish at least some of it was going to a cause given the climate.

Pssshhh KB is not charitable

It’s going to the KB wine and white people wardrobe charity

1 Like

You guys need to encapsulate the zeitgeist of this surreal experience

7 Likes

The only injustice KB is interested in is the brutality of you not putting your dollars in his pocket

3 Likes