King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Agreed. Big fan.

New Gizzard in 1 week. Get stoked Bort!

2 Likes

Just saw the announcement now! Woooo!

L.W. out!

3 Likes

I think Iā€™m gonna do an LW listen first, then a full KGLW listen. Not really sure if thatā€™s how they intend it, but might as well.

Update: Enjoyed it on first listen through but Iā€™ve been working so havenā€™t exactly been paying close attention. I think my favorite track is KGLW the closer, that one seems like itā€™ll be a future live show staple. Need to give it another spin, but I dig it.

2 Likes

Oh shit, its already available? I thought it was out tomorrow. Throwing it on now!

Itā€™s tomorrow in Australia bru!

4 Likes

I like this substantially more than K.G.

1 Like

Wow that was a great record. After first listen Iā€™m gonna say thatā€™s my favorite KG album since Polygon.

1 Like

I really liked Gumboot Soup. I need to give LW another listen to see if I think it is better than that or not. But I definitely thought it was solid.

on first listen, while taking the dog for a walk, I also have to say I like it more than K.G. which I really enjoyed. wow pretty hyped. canā€™t wait to give it a harder listen through.

I liked Gumboot too. Also liked KG, but this is Polygon/Nonagon level for me.

1 Like

Itā€™s so hard to rank their albums. Iā€™d still love to try and tackle a full studio discography ranking at some point but not sure when Iā€™ll put in that time given that they are up to 17 studio albums now haha.

I really didnā€™t care for K.G. A lot of it sounded like the same microtonal stuff. This still uses that style, but at least has some variety.

Yeah they have so much material and all of it is so different so itā€™s hard to compare. A lot of it comes down to stylistic preference.

But, imo of courseā€¦Polygond and Nonagon are the top tier GIzz albums and the basis for which I rank the others. Iā€™m excited to listen to LW more. It definitely feels like the strongest album theyā€™ve put out in a while. Fuck it, spinning it againā€¦

Yeah, Nonagon is great and Poly is absolutely up there for me as potential top album. But they have some sleepers too. Iā€™m a huge Float Along/Fill Your Lungs fanboi, and Mind Fuzz is hugely underrated IMO. Itā€™s very subjective to style as you mentioned. One day Iā€™ll rank em all.

Honestly I need to listen to more of their older stuff. With that flurry of albums in '17 and how good they all wereā€¦I had plenty of KG material to keep my busy, so the pre-'16 stuff never got as much play. I dig Float Along too and I looooove ā€œQuarters!ā€ Not too familiar with the others tbh.

Iā€™ve wanted to do a KG discog listen for a while.

1 Like

Maybe we should do it as a group. Start from the beginning and listen to one KG album per day or per week and then discuss here. Iā€™d be up for it.

Also yeah, I too love Quarters. Both the concept and the music itself.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll probably do it soon either way. But if there is any interest in some KG listening club like the RNR club, Iā€™d be all about that. It would be cool to see everyones reactions to the albums in real timeā€¦

ā€¦although thereā€™s only like 5 of us that post ITT lol

1 Like

Iā€™d do it. I dig what Iā€™ve heard from them but their catalog is too intimidating for me to go searching for the gold.

3 Likes