Kansas City > St Louis > South Bend

Pretty sure I’m in for KC > STL > SB.

STL is a hometown show for me. If anyone borters are traveling in from out of town and need a place to stay go ahead and hit me up. (no murderers please)

Also very jealous of all of you that have cool dads. My dad died about five years ago, but he was into classical music and NPR and would definitely NOT have had a good time at UM. My dad was cool in his own way, but not very rock and roll. :metal:

1 Like

If we slept in the same bed is that technically incest? My last name is brooks

1 Like

My first name is Brooks - and it’s not even my legal name, so I think we’re safe.

1 Like

what’s your name? Brookstopher?

1 Like

It’s Brooksathan

1 Like

His profile clearly states his name is Patron.

3 Likes

idk why, but I’ve never trusted the guy.

profile pic just screams Russian bot

just kidding, you seem like a fine handsome gentleman

1 Like

Updated my pic so I look less like a fine Russian bot gentleman.

3 Likes

I really hope they carry their momentum from Umbowl and Suwanne into next weekend. It feels like they are starting to find their groove and our committed to longer jams.

Bought dad and I tickets for the show in STL on Friday. This morning he asked me “so what is the return policy on the tickets?” He knows damn well (or he really is losing it) that you cant return tickets. That is just his BS way of saying he doesnt want to go anymore. So yea, sounds like I might be going Friday solo.

1 Like

Damn, that sucks man. At least the Pageant usually produces some killer shows. My first UM show was there back in 2006.

UMPHREY’S MCGEE: FEBRUARY 24, 2006 – THE PAGEANT, ST. LOUIS, MO, USA
Set 1: Great American > The Fuzz > Miss Tinkle’s Overture, Believe the Lie, Hurt Bird Bath, Higgins

Set 2: Morning Song, Professor Wormbog, All In Time, Pearl Necklace[1], Visions[2] > Syncopated Strangers, …And Justice for All, Kat’s Tune > In the Hall of the Mountain King

Encore: Eat > Walletsworth

[1] chorus only
[2] “Jimmy Stewart” with lyrics

I was there. Love that show. Most underrated HBB of all time.

fwiw Ticketmaster has been giving refunds for tickets to some shows. Got a refund for Billy at the Aragon. It just takes like 30 days do complete the process, might be better off selling it out front or on CoT

1 Like

Yea, not that worried about it. I will hold onto it in case he changes his mind, if not I will just find some sorry ass looking soul and give it to them before the show.

1 Like

@UnCommon_5

1 Like

Hell yeah. I was at KU in Lawrence at the time. I missed the Wakarusa sets from the previous summer but heard about it from friends and became obsessed with Anchor Drops following that festival. I also missed the November 2005 Liberty Hall show since I had to travel with the KU marching band to Austin to watch Vince Young beat the shit out of us.

That STL show rolled around and I decided I wouldn’t be missing another opportunity to catch them live. Convinced a buddy to drive to the show and turn around and drive back to Lawrence after the show. Probably not the smartest move at the time. However, during that HBB I knew I was hooked then the Visions > Stew in the 2nd set blew my young mind. Good times. Thursday in KC will be show #75 for me assuming my PT stats are accurate.

1 Like

That’s no bueno. I’m supposed to be taking my dad to his first show this Sunday, but it depends on how he feels. He’s about a month removed from his hip surgery.

Lol

1 Like

Anyone know if the balcony will be open at The Pageant this weekend? @jwelsh8? @brooks ?

Balcony is typically open at the Pageant. I can think of a few time when a show undersold to the point that they just left it closed, but I don’t remember any UM shows where it’s been closed. Could be wrong though.