Kansas City > St Louis > South Bend

NY isn’t New England. Are you trolling?

She was denied living in New England via shorter songs leaving more room for improv

2 Likes

I’ll be at the KC show, finally get the first state-side pandemic show that was canceled rescheduled.

If anyone is traveling in from out of town let me know if you need any recs. The previous poster had the correct idea about ribs and the WW1 museum. The museum has a cool VR thing going right now.

Really pumped about that South Bend show. Closest they have ever played to my house and I can’t see a hometown Sunday show lacking quality jams. But then again…

Have you met 2021?

6 Likes

I thought that a South Bend show on St. Patty’s would be all time stuff but then they played this show. Hope you have better luck!

Hence, “But than again”

2 Likes

Easily the worst show I’ve seen

1 Like

My dad randomly brought up STL today. It is kinda weird having to convince your dad why UM probably is not worth the 70 minute drive and hotel.

Does your Dad want to go?

He does, yes, but that would require me buying both of our tickets because he has no money, and driving, because he does not have a car. I told him if he can find a way to buy a ticket, I will drive and just come home after. So far that seems to have him at bay.

1 Like

I’m actually taking my dad to his first show in South Bend. He just had major hip surgery and will be using walker. But he refuses to stay home and since he just retired he can finally smoke. To say I am pumped is an understatement.

2 Likes

milk the shit out of that

Yeah. Only shot I had at bringing my dad to UM let alone any concert was FMG and he would always puss out. He’ll regret it at some point that he didnt get to see his son’s favorite band with him, but he has crazy social anxiety that he is doing better at addressing. Maybe next time!

I just dont want to have to shit on the show to my dad while hes getting off on 2021 jamless UM. He would be in heaven, though. 0-2 minute jams are his jam.

1 Like

Funny you mention that because that is my biggest concern. However, I played the 08 IC>Synco and he loved every second of it. Hopefully this show isn’t a let down for him.

The show is free for him and he gets to spend time with his son, regardless of how jaded his son is. Sounds like a win for all. Just jealous you get the opportunity to go to shows with your dad.

7 Likes

Yea, he has seen a few shows with me. We see music in town together all the time. Hes just a stoner who likes to watch bands and sports.

I really regret not ever getting my dad to an UM show. He was supposed to come to the 11-5-11 show with me, but we had a spat about a week earlier & he wussed out. I had the tix, with a balcony seated spot reserved & was gonna drive us the 200 miles each way from the La Crosse area, but it just fell flat at the last minute. He would’ve loved it, but now he’s gone. Really sucks, but it is what it is… :man_shrugging:

This should be one of those times where you can leave your jadedness at home and just enjoy a night with your 70 year old father. We’re getting older. There’s not too many opportunities left to bond with our parents before they physically can’t do it anymore. Should just do it.

9 Likes

Oh, for sure. I luckily spend tons of time with my dad. We just finished playing disc golf now, actually. Has nothing to do with not wanting to spend time with him or do fun things, just dont really want to pay for two tickets to a show I don’t care about. We have already seen UM together, so not like its a first time thing. Like I said, I told him if he is willing to pay for his own ticket, I will go. He does not sound willing to do that right now. Might just buy him two tickets for an early Xmas present and tell him to take a friend.

edit: and just to add to the not wanting to pay for the ticket, its a common thing. For instance, I just bought us tickets to three different Illinois Basketball games this upcoming season. He asked if he could smoke a joint with me instead of paying because he is broke, I said yes, so it is not like I am bogarting fun dad time. There is just something about having your 70 year old father ask you to a concert knowing that he fully expects you to assume that means you are buying everything. I mean he basically just asked if I want to pay to take him to a show.

2 Likes