Guitar teacher breaks down ‘Puppet String’ and is thoroughly impressed

I think he figured it out pretty quickly. Slacker isn’t the most difficult song, but he got the proggy part down almost immediately.

The dude rage quit on the Phish thing, but I really don’t get the massive hate y’all have for him.

1 Like

I just don’t like that he tries to frame them as teaching videos when they usually aren’t. Maybe this one is an exception but I haven’t watched it.

1 Like

Me neither. There’s soooooo much more cringe music-related shit on YouTube

1 Like

I wouldn’t classify anything posted about him as “massive hate”.

I mean dedicating a (mostly) negative thread to one dude’s YouTube series is a lot

That’s my problem as well. “Guitar player reacts to…” would be a better label. I got an ad on FB for his online teaching thing the other day

50/50 split positive negative.

100% shut your mouth

4 Likes

That is way more skewed toward the positive than most threads on the Bort, so looks like Guitar Teacher guy is alright by our standard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Besides “Phishgate”, I don’t have an issue with him. Love his passion, but there’s definitely something off about him. Acting like he’d never heard Phish when doing the first video about them, then being called out about going to a show with some buddies years ago is weird. He seems to be acting authentic instead of being authentic.

1 Like

That last sentence sums up everybody on YT except jomboy and Herman Li

1 Like

What about Kmac broooo

1 Like

Lost 1000 WTA points when he said the world is too depressing to make new content the other week.

Fuckkkkkk

Damn I love Jomboy.

1 Like

Kmac is daddy

1 Like

That’s quite literally what he calls them, look at the pic up top, the title of all these is “Guitar Teach REACTS” (caps aren’t mine).

oh lol

If he changed ‘teacher’ to ‘player’ I think I’d care less

We’re missing the big point. He’s sitting in with UM next time they’re in Baltimore. Maybe he can teach Jake a thing or two.

1 Like

Damn I was hoping he would just react to Jake’s playing while sitting in.

14 Likes