Guitar teacher breaks down ‘Puppet String’ and is thoroughly impressed

At least I won’t live here anymore at that point

edit: should I ask if he wants to jam? He can make a “Guitar teach reacts to ostoploclips playing UM songs” vid

7 Likes

I’d watch

1 Like
3 Likes

Guitar gate risking getting cancelled mentioning the band with that guy who is a jerk on the internet!

2 Likes

He’s fine, his vids are fairly entertaining, although sometimes he seems to struggle with pretty simple stuff. Haven’t watched the Slacker one yet, but I think it’s cool that he did a video on the soloing Jerry uses in Deal, as (nerd guitar alert) that is a song with a pretty interesting progression to solo over and I’ve been working for awhile now on playing over those changes so I was pretty happy to see a deconstruction video on it.

tl;dr Fun to watch reactions and awe at UM, not the best guitar teacher

Seems like a nice dude and love the attention he has brought to scene but he is honestly not that good of a player or teacher. He is like every other mediocre guitar youtuber who thinks learning a song is simply figuring out what mode to play where disregarding most music is functional and isn’t modal at all.

So much cringe… :grimacing:

Like how is he on TrueFire a usually good platform that has virtuosos like Tommy Emmanuel and Robben Ford. And what even is a jamband lick? There are so many free resources for learning Garcia licks from better players. Or better yet just transcribe any good Garcia solo and learn to transpose every lick.

1 Like

I have to laugh at
Feb 2020: “People have told me about UM, figured I’d check them out”
May 2020: “Here are the 30 jam bands licks you must know”

9 Likes

Last month he was listening to Cornell 77 for the first time And now he is on premier guitar unlocking the secrets to playing like Jerry

1 Like

I’m enjoying his videos. I watched the Wizard Burial Ground last night.

I feel validated that he thinks that UM is a “real band”. I’ve been worried that they were fake since 2005.

9 Likes

He’s a liar

Hes such a noob hes not even aware that show was a false flag planted by the CIA to make the dead sound better than they actually are, in hopes of derailing lefties and loonies

5 Likes

Straight owning the shitlibs.

2 Likes

If you follow his methods, you can be a jam band guitar master in less than 3 months, too.

7 Likes

That’s the funniest part. I think he got a shitload of views/subscribers once he started digging into jamband stuff because we’re all so obsessive. Now he’s milking it for everything he can.

3 Likes

I heard he taught this guy called Jamflowman who has the sickest and quickest hands in the land.

5 Likes

Naaaailed it

1 Like

that’s how i learned to play

I regret ever starting this thread.

7 Likes

Because you gave him more views or because people are hating on him?

Yes.

4 Likes