Festivals

Gettuce

As in GET US TO THAT FESTY RIGHT FAM

No.

1 Like

I SAID YOU LOOK SHITTY!

2 Likes

Canā€™t emphasize enough how strange it is that Iā€™m about to say this, but, Iā€™m more looking forward to Lettuce than Goose at SR.

Such a great scene. I love how he starts bashing the shit out of the carburetor with a hammer as she approaches.

ā€œyouā€™re a terrible stuntmanā€

ā€œwhat?!?ā€

ā€œyouā€™re a terrible stuntmanā€

ā€œwhat?!?ā€

ā€œyouā€™re a terriā€¦ā€

ā€œI know, I can hear you, it was just really meanā€

1 Like

Hope this goes down. Marcus, Tyler and Leonā€¦ Les go! Hoping to snag an RV spot. My wife loves Avett, but I really donā€™t care for them at all. Respect their song writing, but just donā€™t care for their music.

1 Like

Hahaha one of buddies recently said ā€œIā€™m not trying to be cocky but when it comes to guitar Iā€™m campfire good. I can play your favorite 90s hip hop, I can play all the classics, I can play most requests people make, ya know campfire good. But the Avett Brothers? Iā€™m better than them 100%ā€

8 Likes

a coworker of mine has seen the avett brothers somewhere north of 25 times

I think they have a somewhat interesting storyā€¦ but their music doesnā€™t tickle my pickle AT ALL!

I played one album like a decade ago on the radio. Havenā€™t listens since. But that hinterland lineup looks dope. Iā€™d go for khrangbin and Tyler Childers

1 Like

Iā€™m sure COVID has an effect on the lineup, but this festival gets worse and worse every year. And it was so good until like 2014.

Havenā€™t been to North Coast in years but I had no idea it went all electronic. The last year I went had Biscuits, Lotus, Gary Clark Jr, Nas & Wu-Tang

I think Iā€™ve heard of maybe 2 of those namesā€¦

3 Likes

I recognize a handful but only really know a couple.

I skimmed the past yearā€™s lineups and 2017 looked like the final year of familiarity. Ween/Primus were the sunday headliners.

i had an amazing time at a zeds dead show at congress once

Lane 8 is sick

1 Like

I may or may not have been at that show. I know Iā€™ve seen Zeds Dead at congress.

The New Deal 2/25/11 was hands down the best show I ever saw at that shit hole.

Letā€™s queue up the music for Chicagoā€™s shitty venues. Not sure how itā€™s possible for a city so great to be littered with that many garbage venues.

justice was probably the best show i saw there. or the freaky deaky year with boys noize, crystal castles and chromeo.

only the big rooms are trash, thalia hall and every room under is top tier.

1 Like

You guys need a Pabst theater group.

2 Likes