Dead and Co

I am a huge fan of Billy’s playing in peak Dead years but I don’t think he’s held up lately. It’s tough to isolate obviously, but the jazzy rolling drums I love from 70s dead doesn’t seem to be something he can pull off, or at least something he goes for

1 Like

He still has that clean, jazzy swing with Billy and the kids IMO

2 Likes

Look at this enthralling conversation we’re having about a nostalgia act!

I too enjoy discussing phish

3 Likes

Phish sux

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing Dead and Co but not for the price. I can go see 2 or 3 night run of Billy, UM, etc for around the same price as one DC show.

Face value on their tickets is insane but you can usually find tickets for under $50 pretty easily on lot.

Was looking at some old ticket stubs and I found a dead and co ticket from 2016, it was $30. Those same tickets for the same venue were $65 this year. Wtf happened? Greedy bastards.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s Chicago but I could get in the doors for under $20 for every single show they’ve played in Chicago. I’ve turned down free tickets the past two years.

2 Likes

Nah it’s the same most other places, I was talking about the face value of the tickets, those just get more and more expensive every year. Cheap tickets will forever be found on lot

1 Like

Face value Dead and Co tickets ain’t for the poors.

4 Likes

Pavilions are like $150+. Wanna be in the pit? You’re probably dropping close to $200. I wook’d up the best seats in the house for free the other week (dancing wook emoji)

3 Likes

One time @Atmosforman and I saw a free Dead & Co show… it was only for people with an American Express. Never has a free concert been so custy oriented

1 Like

I guess the caveat is I live outside of Austin so I am hesitant to make that trek without a ticket.

1 Like

:wook:

1 Like

Anybody trying for presale today?
We’re shooting for Boston I think.

2 Likes

Not doing presale but definitely Hoping to make at least one of these dates. Not sure which one.

Snap what’s the code?

I will definitey go to the Maryland Heights show. Thought the show I saw this year was pretty boring at times, but some of that was due to song placement. Still had a wonderful evening.

If this was the end for the OG guys i would probably hit Chicago, too, but seems its just the end of this project.

Fingers crossed for a Billy and The Kids tour. Would love a Bobby/Billy Strings duo tour, too.

2 Likes

Bobby billy at alpine plz

DCNAGXEZJLN