Dead and Co

Doubt it. He will go until he falls apart on stage. He had a back issue that was resolved after a few days then had a sickness that kept him off stage after that. He missed most of this tour because of bad timing, but is still as healthy as he’s been for quite a while. His heart issue has seeming gotten better and wasn’t an issue this summer. Give him a few months rest and he’ll be ready to get back on the road. Him and Bobby have made it clear they don’t wanna stop anytime soon. If Billy’s body can keep up, he’ll keep going

1 Like

This post shows me this being his last tour isn’t on his mind (yet)

1 Like

I think they’d make a big to-do about it if they knew they were closing up shop.

And if Billy needs to stop I don’t think we should be surprised if Jay Lane were to take his spot for the duration of Dead and Co.

#speculation

1 Like

It’s weird listening to D&C at times. Lots of moments where some members are obviously trying to go in one direction but have to wait for others to join them, or maybe they are just looking for someone to choose a direction. IDK. it’s weird. But I like it. I’d like to see them. Can’t imagine not having a good time at their concerts. How shitty at having good times must one be to not enjoy one of their concerts?

2 Likes

I feel that way about Phish.

Confession

But I can also have fun at an OAR show.

Phish sux

1 Like

SIYD

Suck It You Dork?

4 Likes

Pretty much the Deads MO since always.

Not to this degree.

1 Like

Ah wait it just seems like it’s taking longer because the tempo averages 30 bpm lower than normal.

3 Likes

The songs are slower so it takes longer to improv?

5 Likes

Exactly. Not particularly good improv either.

1 Like

Saying the same thing for the past 7 years but I sometimes like D&Co just for the interplay between the non og members, who are all really good. It just gets ruined by the absolutely miserable drumming

2 Likes

Bob sucks too but rhythm guitar isn’t enough to mess up the good parts. It’s the drums that kill me

2 Likes

Mayer and Jeff have amazing chemistry

2 Likes

I still love Bobby’s rhythm playing. It’s not what it used to be but he still knows all those cool inversions and phrasing

2 Likes

They play cool songs at least.

1 Like

Triple reply but IDGAF. I blame Mickey for the bad drumming. Billy can still absolutely slay it on his own.

1 Like

Idk, Billy’s playing pretty old these days

1 Like