Dead and Co

The boys are back!

I wouldn’t go throwing “the boys” around willy nilly like that around here

11 Likes

Sorry… the last 3 out of 4 members of GD are back! Still don’t get the hate. But whatev!

6 Likes

I just don’t get this high and mighty take on GD renditions. If you weren’t seeing Grateful Dead before the 90’s I personally don’t think you have room to take the high road or whatever. I love any GD music live, for the most the part. Yes, I will take the OG Dead over anything, ANYTHING… but to capture somewhat what it was like when Jerry was still alive, I think is this. I was like 5 when he died… so I’ll take anything I can get! Sorry if no one else here likes them. I really enjoy myself at these shows. And the party is always in the back. Fuck buying the expensive seats.

3 Likes

I think every time I looked at their ticket prices I got pissed off and swore I’d never go see them. But I’m interested right now. I love the music of the Dead and I want to hear it live with a big system.

4 Likes

I think mal was poking fun at calling somebody other than Umphrey’s (who am I kidding, Biscuits) “the boys”

6 Likes

I mean how long do we really have left to see remaining members play their music? I was two days away from seeing Wolf Bros 2nd row before Rona ruined it all. I just can’t pass this shit up. Plus nothing fun ever comes to Iowa.

Also this was funny and nothing to be offended by.

im upset

2 Likes

You can always find cheap (free) tickets on lot. Never buy their tickets straight from Ticketmaster

2 Likes

Chicago? fucken A, me too. I was so glad to catch the Miami show.

@FurnDiggity

Summary

Is upset

2 Likes

I’m not driving out of town to see if I get free tickets when I show up somewhere. My anxiety would not allow for such a thing.

4 Likes

Haha sorry… I just get upset when people take the high road on Dead and Co. 10000% a cash grab, but it is what is. I love seeing them. Even if it costs a ton. But granted Billy Strings does sound more tempting these days. But idk…

1 Like

I’m with you on this. Love all things The Grateful Dead and won’t ever pass an opportunity to see the remaining members live. Still a decent show and a great party

3 Likes

If not, the lot is fun. I been trying to tell y’all

2 Likes

dead and company sucks fucking balls bro

3 Likes

Nah, Des Moines. Small ass venue! Hoyt Sherman. Couldn’t believe they were coming to Iowa on St Patrys!

2 Likes

Gotchya, they had 2 nights in Chicago and the one I had tickets for was cancelled the day of.

A fucking tragedy