Biscuits sets that blow your balls off

Yeah, I listened to it yesterday as well. Forgot how good that jam was

Listening to this one based off the lone nugs review of, “This show is a decadent party with high class music.”
11/1/09
Canopy Club - Urbana, IL
Orchard Lounge opened

S1 The Very Moon > Shem-Rah Boo 1 > Cyclone > Triumph > Park Ave > The City

S2 Grass Is Green, M.E.M.P.H.I.S. > Munchkin Invasion 1 > Crickets 2 > I-Man, Wet

E1 Loose Change, Rivers

1 unfinished
2 middle section only

First set doesn’t really hit that gear I was looking for this afternoon, but is just steady, patient jamming and very solid.

Set 2 on the other hand

3 Likes

I had a blast at this show. Haven’t listened in a very long time, but I remember loving the The Very Moon > Shem Rah segment, and the whole second set in the moment. Halloween at the Aud the night before was a blast, too.

I’m 200 posts behind in this thread and don’t keep up with the biscuits as much as I should for as much time as I spend on a biscuits board.

That being said, I randomly threw on 1/4/20 tonight and this second set is right up my alley. Consider my balls blown clean off.

2 Likes

1/3 S2 was the best of the run IMO, Babz has turned on the fasten seatbelt light.

1/4 was segue fiesta.

1 Like

That Chicago run (and new years run) was so dope. Such a shame they got corona’d with that kind of momentum coming back.

Finally listened to the bad @ass rec of 12/30/04 the other day. 1st set was kinda slow tbh. but set 2 and the encore ruled! the SOTW is awesome. really enjoyed the Dribble, also ATW, and the humu > 42. Skip set 1 and go straight for set 2.

12/30/04
Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA

S1 M.E.M.P.H.I.S. > 7-11 1, The Very Moon > Sound One, Spectacle, Little Lai

S2 Story of the World, The Overture 2, Mindless Dribble > Sweating Bullets, Above The Waves, Morph Dusseldorf

E1 Humuhumunukunukuapua’a > 42 3

1 Completes 12/27/2004 version.
2 With ‘Save The Robots’ fakeout.
3 Completes 12/29/2004 version.

1/4 set 1 and 1/3 s2 were my favorites of the Chicago run. Sucks thinking about what could have been this year, but hey, at least they are playing a handful of shows this fall.

Still super bummed we missed those shows. The fiancĂ©e’s uncle Murphy was in hospice at home & on his last legs. We were visiting him literally within walking distance (Irv Park & Western neighborhood) from the Riviera for 2 of those 3 nights.

If I had any idea this Covid thing was coming, I would’ve pushed harder for us maybe hitting up the 1st night, which was the only night we weren’t already down there visitng.

When I get bored of UM I always come back to this one. This I-Man jam could’ve gone all night, it’s so fucking good. Magner kinda Jake’s it and scuttles the jam right as it really gets its legs, still fucking fire though.

7/3/08

Rothbury Music Festival - Rothbury, MI
S1 World Is Spinning, I-Man 1 > Digital Buddha > Run Like Hell 2 > Digital Buddha 2, Home Again, Shelby Rose > The City > Orch Theme > Shelby Rose, Wizards in Winter

E1 Story of the World, Rockafella > Run Like Hell

1 unfinished
2 With Murph (Sound Tribe Sector 9) on keys

3 Likes

Wizards in Winter is the greatest way to end that set.

12/29/12 Brothers Past

Tour:
Fall 2012
Set 1:
Who Really Runs The Planet?
Year of the Horse
Who Really Runs The Planet?
National Anthem
Set 2:
One Day I’ll Disappear
One Rabbit Race
Dead Clowns
The Mirror
Dead Clowns
Encore:
Words Like Weapons

This show is unbelievable.

2 Likes

I’ll do that this week. Been on a major GD binge but it’s about time for some untz. Haven’t listened to a BP concert in a long time.

1 Like

One rabbit jam sounds so similar to Shimmy. I really fucked up not getting into BP :man_facepalming:

I go through big stretches of focusing on BP, then will completely ignore them for far too long. Not really sure why that is. I love that emo-ish untz vibe that BP can create. Such a unique style of songwriting in comparison to the jams the tunes produce.

Juan Maclean > Lotus in the domes > Biscuits. What a great start to one of the best weekends of my life. Good fucking times.

1 Like

Join us: Bitches & Candy: the Brothers Past thread

1 Like

Show is fire brother. I love this thread

9/25/09. Can’t fluff S1 enough. Just absolutely motherfucking reckless

2 Likes

Yeah dude, that AC2B is so nasty, plus it has Anthem in it starting around 21:50, which I just noticed yesterday.
The helix almost sounds like a tractorbeam jam, and the “waves come crashing doooown” is an all time nasty moment.

1 Like