Best Venue The Band Plays / Played

I would love to see them do a couple weeks touring the mountain west (aka the ones in Colorado and like 2 others) and hit all the small to medium amphitheaters. I would custy hard for a tour leg like that.

1 Like

Like Taos Mesa>CO amphitheatres>Red Butte

Iā€™d imagine youā€™re thinking of the place in Dillon, CO? I havenā€™t been but Iā€™ve heard itā€™s awesome and has a great Mountain View on a lake

CO just has a lot. Dillon, Mishawaka, the one in Aspen, the one in Tellurideā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sure they might be worried it might interfere with Red Rocks sales. But they could totally just do a mini midweek tour leading up to the RRX run. Iā€™d totally make the trip for that

Meijer Gardens
State Theater-Kalamazoo
Fillmore-Detroit

Easier to remember the worst than the best

dunno if candidate for ā€œbestā€, but i dug the britt amphitheater in jacksonville, or last year.

1 Like

GITV

1 Like

Canā€™t deny Michigan has a ton of great venues. I even liked that Wings event center place

1 Like

I feel dumb for missing that one but I got to go to Red Butte instead so probably a wash

St. Joseph County, IN Robert J. Fischgrund Performing Arts Center

2 Likes

Love this place

Iā€™ve been to 5 shows in FL, 4 or 5 in IL, also IN, TN, and KY. Ter lifestyle doesnā€™t suit someone with two kids.

1 Like

Canopy as a physical space could be pretty uncomfortable, but I never saw a subpar show there.

Pageant always felt cozy for a small space.

God i fucking miss that place so much. I have so many fantastic high school/teenage memories seeing UM there

Im almost positive the 06 show was the first concert me and my gf at the time ever had to ā€œtravelā€ for (was 3hrs from home). She drove bc i was 16 and had only had my license for like 3 months at that point and she was a year and a half older.

Man im so glad you posted that pic. That totally just flooded me with memories

1 Like

Fairly certain I only caught one show there, but I loved the atmosphere at that venue. I can see why you liked it so much.

September 08 was one of Wafulā€™s first shows with UM and the way he lit that place up blew my mind. It was such an incredible change from having Budney running lights. It felt so special, but that venue definitely played a part in the charm.

1 Like

Nice! I always thought my first Waful shows were the Aud Theater NYE run. Guess not!

1 Like

Shit forgot about that lol. My crew def made the most of that.

Hopefully the band plays Horningā€™s Hideout at some point. 0/2 so far.

I dig the Riverside, Fox, Fillmore Detroit, Red Rocks, Fox Oakland replies, would probably add the Wiltern into the mix too. The theaters bring the heaters IMO.

5 Likes

I plan on NWSS if it happens. Wiltern is underrated.

1 Like