Best Venue The Band Plays / Played

Wouldnt say it was the best, but the telluride 09 late night was super fun. It was in a huge conference room so the entire floor was carpet. My shoes came off after the first song. Probably wont ever see them in a venue like that again.

so far, the only venue i’ve picked up on as having appeared in both BEST and WORST venue threads

Would be interested to know if @gatroe went to the one nighter in '16 or the two nighter in '17

Oh yeah? I mean it’s a small 700-800 person venue in a small ski town so I’m not sure what’s bad about it except for the owner sitting in during the shows.

Yeah 2017.

Maybe they reeled back attendance in '17 but '16 was rough and most likely oversold. Like I said in the other thread, the bar, merch table and bathrooms were all right by the entrance which made for a horrible entry.

It didn’t help that some hammered shirtless potato punks kept bumping into me and my sister.

Ohh yeah I’m not sure I remember having any issues in 2017. Walked right up and stood in front of the SBD both nights. Songlist Show N1 too. I was able to walk upstairs whenever I needed and could go smoke on the balcony out front.

Wolf Trap, just a beautiful venue with amazing sound. Plus you can bring in a cooler.

5 Likes

Wolf Trap is def on my list to see them, they’ve only played once, right? Saw some shows there in high school, got slopppppy drunk

BYOB action?

I love Red Butte in SLC. Such a great vibe, BYOB and I like how the backdrop for the stage is some dense foliage. Makes for some cool lighting.

1 Like

They’ve played it twice. Once in 2006 opening for The Flecktones and then in 2013 on the STUM tour.

Abd hell yes it’s BYOB. Anything goes in the cooler, eat, drink, be merry. Phish played here once in 92 or 93, they were not allowed to come back.

My favorite venues I have seen UM

Fox STL
Auditorium Theater
Riverside
Fillmore Detroit
Simon Estes
Moonlight Gardens

Honorable mention: White River Lawn

I also love seeing the band in Peoria, Urbana, or really anywhere in Iowa, because the band always seems to bring the heat in those locations.

I left Red Rocks off the list, even though I have seen UM there multiple times. It is obviously one of the best venues in the country, outside of The Gorge and a handful of other ampitheaters, but after you have been there a few times, I feel like it loses a bit of its magic. Its a beautiful place and I am always happy to be there, but having to climb all the stairs to pee and get drinks just kinda wears on you after awhile, which can take away from some of the enjoyment. Still love it there, but there are places that are more comfortable for a band the size of UM.

I would love to see UM play Starlight Theater in Kansas City. Absolutely loved seeing Phish there in 2015, and it honestly seems perfect for UM.

I had to Google this place since Phish and Theatre were in the same sentence, not what I expected but it looks very cool.

Simon Estes was always one of my favorites

1 Like

I like seeing them in Hampton Beach, but that place sucks.

Of the places I’ve seen them, Anthem in DC, Phillymore, Brooklyn Steel (when not packed), Northerly, Red Butte, Clyde Theater

We drank the free Embassy Suites happy hour dry pretty much instantly the last time I was there.

1 Like

In 2011 I fucking partied so hard because of that happy hour.

2 Likes

Northern lights cause I care about improv

That was the show where I saw a guy walk out of the port a potty after forgetting to put his dick away.

At the 2014 show, I watched a kid eat over an eighth of shrooms on the rail. Jake was laughing at him.

1 Like

Looking back at my shows another great venue that I remember was the MontBleu Resort in Tahoe. I like tiered venues like this one, I remember the sound being superb too!

Chesterfield Amphitheater in St. Louis was another great small outdoor venue as well.

For festivals I gotta say the Woodlands was my favorite festival grounds I’ve seen the band.

1 Like