AnchoRAGE.REST.WAIT?

Anchorage is bigger than Reykjavik. Alaska is larger than Iceland. The United States are American, not European, so why did the band think it was a good idea playing there before here?

Part of me thinks the band didn’t pay the snucka in the right order and this was the universe’s response to the mix up.

I’m hoping the band seriously considers Alaska after this. The Moose Tooth hosted two nights of Cheese in 2006 for their tenth anniversary and regularly host shows in their parking lot during the summer. For their 25th anniversary next year, Umphrey’s would be an excellent choice.

How can we get this information to Kevin and Vince? cream@umphreys.com still working?

Discuss.

07/23/2006 MOOSE’S TOOTH THEATRE, ANCHORAGE, AK

Set One

Up Against The Wall Redneck Mother, Lonesome Fiddle Blues, Missin’ Me, Wheel Hoss, Walls of Time, Climb, One Step Closer > Drums > Way Back Home

Set Two

This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) > Sittin’ On Top Of The World, High On A Mountain Top, Pack it Up > Outside Inside > Desert Dawn, Could You Be Loved

Set Three

Shenandoah Breakdown1, Jam, The Old Home Place2, Come Back Home, Mouna Bowa, Joyful Sound > Jam > Rollover

Encore

Walk This Way

Notes

"1 Kang & Billy
2 Kang, Keith & Billy "

07/24/2006 BEAR TOOTH THEATRE, ANCHORAGE, AK

Set One

Texas Town, Round the Wheel > Can’t Stop Now, Heart of Saturday Night, Piece of Mine, Little Hands > Dudley’s Kitchen

Set Two

Blackberry Blossom > It Is What It Is, MLT, Doin’ My Time, Black Market > I Wish > Black Clouds > Round the Wheel

Encore

Tamba > The Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo) > How Mountain Girls Can Love, Shine1. Second Encore: Barstool

This post was brought to by Umphreaks of Alaska, Hawaii, South Dakota, and Wyoming.

2 Likes

Moose Tooth has the best pizza in the state too.

1 Like

Anniversary pies, legal weed, amazing scenery, no passport required…what’s not to love about Alaska? Flights are always in the $200-400 range for me. Shorter trip than flying to the East Coast too.

Why did you just make me think of that stupid Phish song

1 Like

My favorite state in the Nation. I plan on moving there once my son turns 18.

Leftover Salmon has done more than a few 3 night runs up there. I know they did the Alyeska Resort in '19.

1 Like

I fucked up the joke bro. :wink:

I knew who created this thread just by the title.

8 Likes

Congratulations!

5 Likes

What is your state of mind when you create posts like this?

1 Like

Why do you ask that? It’s a good idea.

5 Likes

Frantically manic but:

SHRN btw.

1 Like

I’m all in for an Alaska throw down. As to why it hasn’t happened yet the band probably haven’t gotten a good offer from a promoter.

I’d rock my super faded osu beavers hat and leave the ducks one at home if they play up there next year just for you.

1 Like

Anyone hearing rumors of an Alaska date this summer?

just from you

7 Likes

Schedule between NWSS and D.U.M.B. 2.0 II is wide open…

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

I’ve officially made SalmonFest’s lineup page my homepage…

Fingers crossed…

4 Likes

This would be pretty cool actually especially in the dead heat of the summer, I wonder if can you see the lights that time of the year.

10:30pm sunset, give it a few hours until it is actually “fully” dark then a 5:30am sunrise.

the festival hours:

I’d be happy if UM released LBDOK on vinyl for it’s 20th anniversary.

That said, I would go to Alaska to see UM.