Is Umphrey's Cursed?

I mean…you could take this back to The Fort in 2015…the original #makinlemonade…or having to move the first Chucktown Ball venue the day prior.

Shit happens.

Phish had an entire festival canceled after many of the attendees had already made the drive, then their most popular camping event was shut down due to feral dogs carrying the bubonic plague.

5 Likes

Don’t forget the Iceland debacle. That’s what you get when you skip Alaska in favor of some foreign country that while beautiful, is half the size of Alaska and requires a passport.

Why the band hasn’t landed an Alaskan gig yet baffles me. Alaska in the summer for three nights would be so fresh.

7 Likes

Yeah but phish deserves to be cursed considering the boathouse incident

3 Likes

What’s the Iceland debacle? Canceling over Covid? I don’t really call that cursed considering every touring band had to cancel

1 Like

Slightly tongue in cheek, but please see:

Just felt like Alaska should’ve got dates before Iceland. Though Iceland is going to be sick for everyone going next year!

3 Likes

Until it’s canceled by COVID-21 tbh

3 Likes

Pretty sure Alaska got cancelled already along with Pontiac/Detroit

1 Like

So phish just announced normal shows July through October. Is Umphrey’s going to do normal shows? Or would they want to save themselves some embarrassment of not selling anything out ever again and just keep doing pod shows forever?

6 Likes

Give it time they’ll figure it out. Believe me i can’t wait till I go to a concert again. But I’ll trust UM and their process. I’ll just go with the “good things come to those who wait” philosophy.

I’m really confident the CA tour will move forward as planned.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I have a wiltern ticket I need to get rid of. I wish that run happened last year

I have an Oakland ticket to move

Not with Kris quitting though. That’s a major setback to getting everything on the right path

1 Like

Joel kangfirmed this. See ya in San Rafael!

2 Likes

Let’s add “botched abortion album announcement” to the list

9 Likes

Not the first time something’s been a botched announcement lol

Bump

2 Likes

nah but lol

3 Likes