All Things Radiohead

Yeah so when I first heard the song, it would always bother me…the timing and the abrasive basssynth didn’t sit well. One night at a party with the right chemicals in high school the song just did it for me if you know what I mean. I became mildly obsessed

Eventually I looked up the lyrics and found out it was a plague/disease that littered the english countryside with dead rabbits. Thom as a kid had some memory of driving through the countryside staring at all the corpses

The song, I am about 99% certain is about how the music industry has been a plague on them…thom yorke refers to himself as a mongrel cat who sleeps with who he likes, and is used as a photo in time magazine…refers to the crowd as foaming rabid beasts, and being skinned alive by the spotlight

It’s about his personal torment of being in the public eye. I am going to try to blow up my ear drums with that bassline now brb.

2 Likes

FUCK how have I missed out on the Radiohead thread this long??

Hail to the Thief (yeah, thats rite)
OK Compooter
Kid A
In Rainbows
The Bends
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey
A Moon Shaped Pool
The King of Limbs

edit: nice now im all caught up in this thread and I didnt realize there was mostly praise for HTTT. I was called out before in previous Radiohead threads for having Hail as my favorite Televisionface album. But that album is absolutely, front to back, my favorite.

3 Likes

Hell yes! I watched this set live when it was streaming and I was fucking blown away. I was not prepared that night for how good that stream was going to be.

1 Like

amnesiac
in rainbows
ok computer
hail to the thief
kid a
a moon shaped pool
king of limbs

you dont like the bends? wtf

1 Like

I really want to see Radiohead again. Only time was at Lollapalooza in 2008 on Rainbows ter. Pretty awesome show though even though it was a fest. Really wanted to go to California to see them in 2017 but didn’t make it happen. Next tour…

2 Likes

SAME ! Those light poles

2 Likes

Those were nuts man

That show taught me to appreciate The Gloaming

2 Likes

Minus well chime in with my bad opinions. I like to tier them, because most days it’s hard for me to pick an absolute favorite. Moon Shaped Pool never sucked me in like most of the other albums did.

Tier I:
OKC/Kid A/In Rainbows/TKOL/HTTT

Tier II:
Amnesiac/The Bends

Tier III:
AMSP

Tier IV:
PH

2 Likes

Fake Plastic Trees with the fireworks was so damn beautiful. Very memorable for me.

3 Likes

every time i see them i realize why they are where they are. one of the best live shows out there.

4 Likes

haven’t really spent much time with it over the years tbh.

My one and only Radiohead show was also on the Rainbows ter at Deer Creek in 2007. I’ve never seen it “rain” on stage like that before. There’s really nothing else to say other than… yeah that production was just totally mindblowing.

I think the only other production (that ive seen) that rivals it was when I saw Roger Waters do Dark Side

caught them for both nights last time they were here, 2018 i think?

was on a headfull for night 1, highly recommended.

1 Like

What’s going on here

oval projection screen.

2 Likes

MY THOUGHTS ARE MISGUIDED IM A LITTLE NAIVE.

I TWITCH AND I SALIVATE LIKE WITH MYXOMATOSIS.

YOU SHOULD PUT ME IN A HOME OR YOU SHOULD PUT ME DOWN.

1 Like

Haha word the first image looks like a really bad photoshop with pixelated edges

1 Like

they are doin it fam