All Things Jazz

Holy shit he just destroyed him hahaha. Thanks Pomas, this is gold

Finally got around to listening into it. That’s basically what I imagined progressive jazz as. Bonus points for the konnakol passages around the middle!

love tomeka reid, this album is really great! just double bass and piano.

new nubya track.

@vezdrums heard anything about a new releases from her?

This tune couldn’t be more relevant. Gives me goosebumps every time.

Listened to it last night along with Strange Fruit and Mississippi Goddamn

1 Like

I haven’t, but I did notice this on spotify. I suppose I could search downbeat to see if there is any news. I first heard about her after playing at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln’s Jazz in June program last year. The organizer recommended some artists that had played there that summer, and Nubya was one of them.

this is a sick album i found via her, since she’s in it.

might be my favorite record from last year.

https://youtu.be/pcqMZZzxVPk

Been spinning my grandfathers copy of this recently. Recorded the same year as Kind of Blue.

1 Like

Getting my morning started with this record. Awesome so far. Thanks man.

1 Like

think you’ll dig this.

best label in the biz.

â€Ș https://bandcamp.com/?show=382

A very well curated jazz program.

The website has a great digital archive, plus live streaming.

Also all the other shows are worth checking out for new (non jazz) and interesting music.

3 Likes

Looove makaya

1 Like

+1, just found him a few weeks ago thanks to Discover and now getting into some of the adjacent acts in the London scene that Makaya and Kamaal Williams and others have worked with. This playlist is a good mix.

There’s a dope colaberation album called “impressions of Pepper” of a bunch of dope artist covering sgt pep. Malaya’s version of lucy I’m the sky is amazing

nubya garcia, shabaka and the ancestors, comet is coming is a good place to start. plus makaya put out that londonxchicago mixtape.

makaya is simply another level of artist. stoked for that documentary today.

1 Like