All Things Jazz

also anyone into makaya should check out everything off the international anthem label. they have literally not put out a single mediocre record, everything is incredible.

This was a pretty fun view:

1 Like

Thanks for the share, I really like Stanton Moore.

Iā€™ve always loved Stanton and have seen him with Galactic a bunch, but also with a trio that was more funk oriented. Iā€™m impressed by his jazz chops and overall playing in this video. Itā€™s just tasty!

Any Ben Allison fans in the house?

Christian Scott atunde adjuah releasing new live album. Super hyped

Here!

1 Like

Nice! Love that dude. Riding the nuclear tiger is one of my all time favorites.

I have the Cowboy Justice album, Iā€™ll have to check out nuclear tiger. Iā€™m a drummer so Iā€™m a sucker for Bass players as the bandleader.

Just saw this was released last Friday. Spaga is Magner from tDB, jazz fusion side project for those that donā€™t know. Their debut album was great and so is this. Heā€™s so damn good at piano and his drummer/bassist are no slouches either. Making for some fantastic music to cook to.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Totally forgot that James Carter did a jazz covers album of Pavement songs.

New Christian Scott album out today. Itā€™s live, and pretty great so far. Cover of Miles davidā€™ cover of CSNā€™s Guinevere.

Impulse > ECM

one of the greatest jazz collectives ever released their first album in 20 years. so stoked to dive in.

2 Likes

hard to find a better modern lineup than this. good god.

1 Like

Canā€™t rec. this program enough for anyone that is a jazz headā€¦WMSE is also just amazing, in general. Every single show is phenomenal, IMO. Think it is really among the best, TBH. Lots of people around the nation stream it online from afar. Iā€™m always surprised to hear where people are from when they make requests or donate. Iā€™m a monthly contributor myself and love that my lazy ass doesnā€™t have to always actively search-out new/great shitā€¦

1 Like

So I have to ask, because your many rec.ā€™s for years have been solid as a god damn rock and I am very intrigued by how you come across new shitā€¦clearly your methods are very effective. How do you go about finding out about so much new and different stuff, yourself? Iā€™m sure you use an assortment of mixed bags of tools but am really curious.

Hope all is well, BTW. Think we met at least once in Milwaukee

1 Like

Who here is familiar with the licc?

4 Likes

I prefer this one

1 Like