All Things Electronic Music! (House, Techno, DnB)

Aren’t most visuals map projected?? This doesn’t seem that special tbh.

Looks pretty cool IMO

Some of that stuff can be really cool. We went to this place on our visit to Tokyo and it was incredible. Interactive projection mapping and a ton of other cool visual light stuff. Pretty much every room had me wishing they would host shows there.

1 Like

Have some decent options in NY this weekend.

The Carry Nation Friday:
https://ra.co/events/1556297

Danny Daze Saturday:
https://ra.co/events/1548685

Hope we have energy after the John Mayer All-stars.

There’s always Mr Sunday Night. Or whatever they call it now.

2 Likes

@3x40oz you wanna go?

I wish, booked up this weekend unfortunately. Danny Daze would be a riot though.

While we’re here, this event in September looks phenomenal.

1 Like

House music baby. Melodic four on the floor good stuff

1 Like

I am apparently going to a Lane 8 show next month. Never heard of them/him before. (I don’t even know if it’s multiple people or not.) It was described to me as “chill, upbeat electronica”. Is this accurate? That sounds kind of intriguing (like Tycho?), so I’m kind of feeling like going in cold to the show.

3 Likes

Just go. It’ll be fun. I think he plays a lot of melodic house and tehcno.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Go. As a edm snob, he’s one of the better djs around.

2 Likes

Lane 8 live is sick as fuck. Doesn’t do his studio tracks justice. And his studio stuff is really, really fucking good

1 Like

A couple of rough mixes. Otherwise think you should eat some psychedelics and listen to this.
90% house. 10% techno.

3 Likes

Cued and followed :kissing_heart:

Probably too housey for yooouuu. But I appreciate it. Getting back into the groove.

It’s been a rough time since COVID hit. I’ll go 6 months without playing sometimes. Miss having friends to play with. But that situation is being worked out.

So I on impulse I bought an Acai MPK mk3

Loopdaddy incoming

@ass will you teach me?

I don’t know anything about those. I just use a mixer to blend songs into continuous mixes.

fair enough

Are you going to use the MPC software with it? The MPK is just a controller.

I have a stand-alone MPC so I can try to help explain if you know what you want to do.