All Things Electronic Music! (House, Techno, DnB)

Throwback last night listening to Gramatik’s No Shortcuts album that I listened to a ton in college. Let Spotify do its thing and keep playing related stuff and I’ve been digging almost everything that has come up. Great background music for work.

Those last two remix’s are fire. My chick really digs crooked colors, we’re seeing them in august.

1 Like

I’m in Jax waiting on a tech house dj to get the fuck out the booth so my friend can play. Then it’s Mark Farina time. Hope Mark doesn’t let me down.

1 Like

Jacksonville has an awesome group of house heads. Way more dancers than in St Pete.

3 Likes

Enough of this Umphrey’s nonsense. This anjunadeep mix absolutely slaps

2 Likes

Some more absolute heat while I take a beating playing catch up with my work email

Heard this one in a Hot Since 82 mix yesterday. Classic house music vibes. 4 on the floor, soul music hooks, synths and catchy vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjcqfJlYPd4

3 Likes

I thought I had some moves. But this shadow in the video is cruahing it

2 Likes

Big fuck yeah for new HudMo music

1 Like

Haven’t been playing much, but I did for about 30 minutes today and recorded it.

I’m using my controller, which I hadn’t touched in a couple of years. Trying to figure out gain staging with this damn thing. It’s pretty noticeably off in the first mix. Not the end of the world.

Here’s a link to download it if anybody wants to hear it. Hopefully the link works. Expires in two weeks.

2 Likes

My EQ’ing is pretty wack @PEN1S_ISLAND

I have auto gain turned on whenever I play. One less thing to worry about. Also depends on the tracks too… lots of older songs ‘ripped’ in 320 don’t have very comparable EQs to newer songs. Makes it kinda difficult to mix the two. Plus these “beginner” controllers don’t have the best gain functions/knobs to play around with it. I don’t even have mine set up on actual gain, I set mine to filter which my controller doesn’t have.

You get what you pay for!

The main issue I have with gain staging is trying to get used to what I should do on the controller vs in the software on the laptop. I really want a digital setup that doesn’t involve a laptop, but I spend too much of my money on other shit.

Don’t be a bitch and just get a 10K dj set up. Throw it on a CC and go all in.

In all seriousness, Recordbox has some really intuitive equipment that doesn’t use a lap top (other than to load songs to the tables and to run DAW programs) and they’re pretty affordable. My buddy picked one up for pretty cheap and it’s pretty great. I’ve heard the Pioneer ones are kinda trash, and the new Traktor s4 is around 1200$. Stop spending money on drug bands and get some dj equipment.

I think this one turned out pretty well. Use a newer anonymous account to upload. Sorry for the cheesy name… Mostly techno. Some house. I think it’s pretty darn trippy, babies.

I did another one.

Indie-dance / Dark Disco, lower bpm Techno, Detroitness

2 Likes

Sorry, folks. I did a housier set. I like it,

1 Like

1 Like

Check this shit out. Ben Bohmer after party in a map projected room. Gonna be a blast

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf9cqaXuBQ1/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=