2023/01/26 - The Clyde Theatre - Ft Wayne, IN

01/26/2023 - The Clyde Theatre - Ft. Wayne, IN

Set I: Andy’s Last Beer, Make It Right, #5, Always October > Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Women, Wine, & Song, Exit Signs

Set II: Hourglass > Plunger > Walletsworth, Dayville Monarchy > Sweetness > Intentions Clear > Miss Tinkle’s Overture

E: Bus Call, Bad Friday

Via UM twitter

2 Likes

Bus Call - solo Bayliss piano, LTP 4-2-2011 UMbowl 2 Park West Chicago 1034 show gap, played for merch dude Sam Sutton bday

4 Likes

Always October jam is pretty good. Not where I’d expect that song to go

Intentions Clear has a nice little groove to it.

1 Like

Did Bus Call eventually become Loose Ends? The progression reminds me of something

I never noticed that but good call, totally sounds like it

1 Like

Like the looks of this setlist a lot. Hoping for a Spires (w/ jam) this weekend now.

1 Like

I didn’t really listen to the Raw Stewage set this year, this Exit Signs song is sick

6 Likes

I do love an Andy’s Last Beer opener.

Interesting looking show. Saving the :fuelpump: for Michigan this weekend. Wish I was doing GR > Detroit.

4 Likes

Above average song selection. Jams were good but no big standout for me. Zero flow to set one. First time Always October got a jam? Dayville Monarchy is such a boring song. I had no idea what Bus Call was… pretty cool bust out!

#5, IC, tinkles we probably my favorites

Already a great weekend and it’s just getting started! Venue was awesome!! We were super close and still had a ton of space.

21 Likes

Just listened. Nothing really to write home about here. Plunger had a promising start, but then fizzled. #5 probably the best of the show. Bottom 3 so far on this tour w/ BB and DC n2 IMO.

And +1 on liking Dayville Monarchy. I’m not exactly sure where it should be placed in a show, but I dig it. Jake’s soloing in it is some of my fav on recent songs.

think the highlight here might be…Always October?

Couple nice micro jams in this show overall

2 Likes

just started the plunger, but Always October was my favorite jam. although I did enjoy #5 and Tribute tho

I… really like this show? Plunger jam is fine and doesn’t meander and the > into wallets is cool. sweetness has a short but interesting jam with a solid > into IC

already mentioned I enjoyed the first set, I would’ve loved being at this show

3 Likes

Even though it wouldn’t have gotten the jam it deserves I’d prefer that original encore. Love me some Spires.

1 Like

The song rules plain and simple, really good combination of vocal performance and lyrics. Like, there is a real legit melody to the vocals, and the harmonies sound great from 2:40 - 3:40. This is definitely the best version yet.

I didn’t think much of this Always October jam. This song sounds so much like a Men at Work song and not in a good way. Tribute jam was good though. Talk about a criminally underplayed song.

2 Likes

If you want to hear as little of Always October as possible, the jam starts after the 4 minute mark

1 Like

I dunno, this show seems solid to me. Nothing huge but lots of jams throughout.

1 Like