2023/01/14 - The Fillmore - Philadelphia, PA

That’s the most patient peak I’ve heard from them in forever

3 Likes

Awww shit it’s official. I decree silent type…

7 Likes

This silent type is fucking legit. Huge patient build into an awesome peak. Yes please

2 Likes

Silent type jam reminds me of a more uplifting take on the 1/30/11 blue echo with jakes effects. Go ahead and pop that baby on the hall of fame

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing on first listen. Love that blue echo

3 Likes

Definitely the best Silent Type I can recall hearing. That first (?) jammed out version that made it onto that one HOF release was also from Philly.

1 Like

This Silent Type is great, glad they don’t abort the jam at 11 minutes and keep milking that build, fucking awesome

3 Likes

This Silent Type and the GYM(RH) from DC are as good as the 2019 highs they were hitting. Glad to see them finding their footing again. If they keep playing like this 2023 is going to be an excellent year for the band.

3 Likes

And yea the build in the Silent Type peak is straight out of 2007.

3 Likes

I haven’t listened yet but this silent type crushes

10 Likes

The Silent Type is a shoe-in for HOF 23

Have you met the people that vote? Only things from NYE, Red Rocks, summercamp and other holiday runs will make the cut.

2 Likes

last 7 minutes definitely have that weird, heavy tension. just doesn’t necessarily blast off like that tribute does.

don’t care how short the tribute jam was, that’s a top 5 jam of 2021 for me

1 Like

Speaking of this, what are the best jams from 2018 not on the HOF album?

The Silent Type is getting a lot of deserved attention, but let’s not sleep on the 14 minute tour de force of an Attachments jam to open the show. That jam has a little bit of everything to it - a simple enough open uplifting section, an awesome dark groove, some appropriately-placed chugs, and a solid ending. With Dump City in a nice supporting role, this first set is nigh unbeatable. The second set is a bit more mortal (could do without the Southern rock in AIT going on as long as it does), but it’s still solid. As a whole, this is better than most shows last year already.

As for The Silent Type, it’s the most 2011 thing they’ve done in a long time, and considering that Milk we had from Thursday is as 06-07 as it gets and is just as good, it’s kind of like we’re getting the best of all worlds right now…

EDIT: I’m completely sold on Out of Focus. Favorite new UM tune in quite awhile.

5 Likes

The bounce back in Attachments has two pretty familiar sounding sections. The A section is White Pickle adjacent for sure. Second half of the jam really takes a long time to lock in IMO.

I like all the new Raw Stew songs although I do think Out of Focus has one too many vocal sections. The Little Kids section at the end is so fun though

Is little kids section the part where UM trying to sing like The Bee Gees?

4 Likes

Affirmative

1 Like

Have y’all listened to this silent type yet?

5 Likes