Worst Venue The Band Plays / Played

people still bitch about the Beacon too though lol

Fuck forgot about the bluebird. Probably the smallest stage I’ve ever seen um play on. That’s also the venue I saw the only papadosio show I’ve ever paid for.

First Ave is unbearable when it’s oversold. First Ave with less than 1200 people is great. Since they remodeled the staircase on the side of the floor and added more bars, it’s been a lot better.

I just hope UM doesn’t play the new Fillmore. Way too corporate and expensive. Let’s hope KB doesn’t get wind of all their VIP options too.

The Beacon. I hate that it is the go-to room in NYC for 2nd tier drug bands.

1 Like

I hate most venues. Even the nice ones mostly kinda suck

1 Like

Reminds me of Freebird in Jacksonville… SUPER small club where they barely had enough room for everyone on stage. It was pretty tight to hang maybe 4 feet from Andy but it also sucked that it was next to the bar and literally fucking everyone rang his chimes and I was standing right next to it (on acid). This dude did it like 3 times and kept staying “manifest it” … No bro.

Em :nauseated_face:… Eme :nauseated_face::nauseated_face:… Emen’s Auditorium

1 Like

HoB San Diego was just generally a disaster. Sound had big problems. Couldn’t bring drinks to the dance floor because the place couldn’t figure out how to run an 18+ show. Hot basement with shitty ventilation. Idk if I’ve ever been more thirsty. Thankfully we showed up wasted or it would have sucked harder

1 Like

This is actually not how the Fox is in Boulder, at least not at any of the 20-30 shows I’ve seen there.

2 Likes

Only been twice but it was never like that when I’ve been either.

The Met in Morgantown, WV, there were zero sales of anything there. One water fountain on each floor, however, there was re-entry with a bar directly across the street.

I will never miss a Canopy Club show. One of the only places the band consistently throws down. The venue might be a bit of a sweaty shit hole, but for whatever reason magic always seems to happen in that room. Not just UM, either. Biscuits, STS9, old school Yonder, etc. Bands love that place.

2 Likes

Sounds like I might have gotten the one dud in 2013. It was an okay show but not on the same level as the other shows I’ve heard from this venue

Totally agree, it’s not a nice venue

It’s not very great at all.

Plus pretty cheap pitchers of beer as well. Def had lots of good times in that room back when I was down there for school

Went there for the first time last summer for UM and loved it, doesn’t hurt that it was one of the best shows of 2019. Went back for the Biscuits in December and had an equally great time. Love Janus, big-time party vibe in a really awesome town.

Legends in Boone is probably my least favorite venue I’ve seen UM in…that show in ‘07 was one of my least favorite UM shows ever. Northern Lights sucks too but I’ve seen 3 incredible shows there so it holds a special spot in my heart lol

The Riv and the Aragon are both awful. I can’t argue with the Crystal Ballroom and the Roseland across town isn’t much better. The new spot they play in Bend is a dump.

The place in Sandpoint could have been cool if they didn’t pander to their in house VIP, leaving everyone else feeling 2nd class and cramped in a room with poor flow. I don’t think that busniess model worked out well as I think they went under late last year

Stubbs is definitely overrated as a venue. It’s not the worst but it’s a place I’d prefer not see a show with the other options around.

1 Like

Ritz - Raleigh, NC
Track 29 - Chattanooga, TN
Ryman - Nashville, TN (awful awful sound for a louder band)
Legends - Boone, NC

I actually liked Jannus Live a lot. Definitely gets oversold but thought it was a cool spot for shows. Freebird was also cool as well but definitely needed to get there early for a good spot. Also a memorable show for other reasons