Worst Venue The Band Plays / Played

Madison Theatre in Covington KY, balcony has a plexiglas shield in the front that obstructs the view and creates issue with the sound.

Revolution Live in Ft Lauderdale are generally oversold and packed butts to nuts. Sightlines are terrible both inside and outside.

Fillmore Charlotte. The list goes on

I’m super over first Ave as a venue. I was bummed when they announced a show there instead of the infinitely better Palace theater

This is how the Fox in Boulder is too.

02.25.2007, Legend’s Music Hall, Boone, NC

1 Like

I’ve seen them at some shitty venues, but none that I can think of stand out as the obvious worst. Music Farm (Charleston), Madison (Covington), Revolution Live, Legends, Diamond Ballroom, George’s Majestic, Newport Music Hall, Ritz (Raleigh), and Masquerade Music Park come to mind.

HEY MAN … having bathroom alley next to the stage and also having the smoking pit go through all that was garbage. I had fun there though.

I used to really hate my local venue the Marquee in Tempe, but when UM played the show was always undersold and bearable. When I saw Phoenix there it was a total shit show though. I wrote a very drunken strong worded email to the owner after the show, he ended up giving me free VIP tickets to Primus so that worked out.

1 Like

The Denver Fillmore
Ace of Spades in Sac (also does the stupid drinking area thing)
almost all the HoB venues in existence
Aragon
The Valarium in Knoxville (does this still exist?)
Emens Auditorium in Muncie

Ritz is fucking awful as well. Almost the same venue as fillmore

1 Like

Yeah the Madison was a piece of shit for sure.

1 Like

Rave/Eagles Ballroom

1 Like

Any venue that has the bathrooms and smoking lines using the same doors, ie. Stage AE in Pitt, Guess/Express Live in Columbus, Fillmore Charlotte.

1 Like

The last time I spent money at the rave/eagles was for um in 2011. Immediately after the lady ripped my ticket I realized I didn’t have my insulin. I showed the ripper my medical ID card, and pointed to my car which was within eyesight. I told her they could search me upon re-entery. They said no and that I had to buy another ticket. I bought another ticket and then have refused to go there ever since. I even got free chromeo tix and still refused to go, cause fuck them

3 Likes

I never really liked them at Stubbs here tbh.

I don’t particularly like The Fillmore Charlotte, but it seems pretty average as far as the venues they play.

I found Stubbs to be a bit of a letdown myself. Didn’t care for the layout and that tree is pretty annoying.

1 Like

I havne’t seen UM there but I’m not a fan of Janus Live, that’s another one that has a weird tree

1 Like

Yup same deal.

I actually like First Ave for non-UM shows. UM shows there, to me, seem to just be unusually uncomfortable.

Surprised no one has mentioned Bluebird in Indiana. That place is an utter shit hole. Makes Canopy seem like the Beacon Theatre.