Welcome Everyone!

Cumulatively, not just this particular iteration. In hindsight, the day after the chaos i realize that might be a stretch, but I feel we have crossed the 50 mark for sure :smiley:

I spent a while building this tool to sift through all the old data and preload it in here, trying to preserve all post counts, user accounts…all the connections basically.

I got it working on a local server, but once I attempted it on the world wide it pretty much shit the bed. At that point I said fuck it, and just loaded all the shit through a simple script via this admin account. That’s why all the threads look like they are started by me.

Long term goal, is to make an archive, and link the archive text in the OP of every new thread iteration…so that way it’s all preserve, just not attached to the new accounts.

Not the best solution, but a solution none the less. Again, you get what you pay for!

1 Like

Thanks again for doing this, again, Root. 5.0 is lookin good.

15 character min for topic titles? A lot of band names aren’t that long.

fixed

Yo, it’s good to be back. Thanks root. Your hard work is much appreciated.

Is there a quote function available on this platform?

1 Like

Yeah just figured out the quote feature.

Any way we can make it allow us to just post a quote without additional text added to the post?

edit: Also, just wanna say the formatting/coding features on here is pretty clutch. Being able to use HTML, BBCode or Markdown is veh nice.

It seems the easiest way to do this is to allow blank posts…which is not a great thing. I will research this more. There are some disabled options concerning multi-quoting and stuff that we can potentially explore in the future. But before we change core layout/functionality, I think it might be a good idea to let everyone get settled in and adjusted. Then we can vote on implementation of new features.

There are many ways to structure this thing. I want to make sure what we implement isn’t too jarring or off-putting to anyone. Initially we should be conservative with changes IMO. I don’t want to make decisions outside the realm of technical ones honestly (post moderation, layout, banning, etc).

JWelsh has admin privileges, and I told him to go to town with whatever he thinks is a good idea. We should have a moderator team and all that good stuff in the not too distant future.

3 Likes

Cheers Root! Thanks for everything you’re doing!

Totally feel all of that 100%. Let’s definitely just get settled for awhile.

We could always modernize our ways and use the like feature. Cleans up the threads a little bit, but the HBC harp threads would suffer.

1 Like

@Root you mentioned multiquoting, which I assume is replying to multiple posts in the same post (like on the old (old) bort), aka. EB’s MO. I definitely like that functionality (you couldn’t do it on the previous iteration), and allows the user to address several responses in just one of their own. Am I correct or can you already do that in Discourse and I just don’t know how?

PS. You rock!

1 Like

Can we invite mags?? This wouldn’t be the bort if he didn’t grace us with his presence at least once

2 big bugs I’m not sure about:

-on both my laptop and my phone, I can only access the site from a link in an email. Otherwise, the site just shows up as blank no matter what I do. I tried clearing cache cookies etc, no luck.

-I can log in on my phone but on my laptop I get “unknown error”

I feel like 86%+ certain the SSL cert update this weekend will fix all that shit brotha. Appreciate your patience

If you must access on bort desktop and nothing is working with the cache clearing, I suggest a different browser. Sorry man

I still don’t know how to quote. What am I missing?

Edit: somehow just figured it out right when I posted. For those that don’t know, click the reply arrow to a post you want to quote. Then when the text box comes up, click the quote bubble.

Just click and drag to highlight what you want to quote in a post and then a “Quote” button pops up. Click it

the minimum asking price of thebort.com is now 1687 which is a bit lower than it used to be.

I think it’d be really cool if we could raise some funds and get that domain when its closer to a thousand…then just have both thebort.com and the-bort.com land here.

If nothing else, we might could pick up a few fans who don’t have social media and slipped through the cracks.

Maybe I am alone in thinking this is a worthy thing to do, but it makes sense to me

This looks and works smoothly! Great work! You are appreciated! :kissing_heart: