Unpopular Opinions about UM

Love Fir and the improv it spawns. Would take fir over quite a bit of the UM catalogue. I like Higgins too, and FF.

I like when UM does whiteboyreggae

3 Likes

I’ve never seen FF and I never want to

2 Likes

I can see maybe not caring for such a simplistic, white boy reggae style of tune, but it has massive potential for some serious improv….and it always produces some.

3 Likes

I know but UM doesn’t jam anymore anyway

4 Likes

I’ve never seen FF and I really want to

2 Likes

Check out the funk box 04 ff. Classic soaring uplifting UM.

Short jam but super tasty and organic

3 Likes

Great version for sure. I like FF because a 10-minute version with an amazing jam like this is just perfect. No need to eat up a huge chunk of the set.

Yeah, that is def a classic version, and a monster show as a whole. Another great version, that gets into some amazing territory, and isn’t super long, would be the 2006-02-10 MKE show @ the Rave. That show has some seriously top tier moments, starting off with the monster August to open the show.

4 Likes

FF is a song and vehicle that can turn a good show into great

2 Likes

@StoneJackBaller where do you stand on FF

Probably the cheesiest and worst whiteboy reggae of all. But 6/2/17 fucks.

3 Likes

@StoneJackBaller how do you feel about them covering actual reggae tunes?

Can we just turn this thread into a “How does SJB feel about UM doing ….?” thread?

4 Likes

I’m 99% against it. The only exception being 7/2/11 Steppin Razor.

5 Likes

I’m surprised the guy who looks like 311’s bassist circa 1995 hates whiteboy reggae

18 Likes

Reggae, in general, is pretty lame. Too many rules to the genre so every song sounds almost the same to me. Accents on three and offbeat rhythm. Snoozefest.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the bassist from 311 ever had dreadlocks.

2 Likes

P-nut’s a beast

Sure.

Can’t find any pics on Google of him with locks.

download

8 Likes

Pssshhhh…those things are janky as fuck.

6 Likes