The TLDR is reggae sucks.

1 Like

Omg. What a fucken > my dewd!

3 Likes

The most racist thing a jamband can do is not jam

3 Likes

You must have missed the picture of Otis Redding

5 Likes

I skimmed past this post but it’s a very valid point. Rock has a lot of European influences that you cannot deny. I guess my main issue was how appropriation and oppression led to the success of many white musicians but left many black musicians behind. Thanks for bringing valid thoughts and changing my perspective a bit.

1 Like

Fwiw I was worried about how my posts came across, since I do know that that black artists are often ignored or under credited for their contributions. But that in our narrow perspective on this message board, UM tends to fly down the middle. I appreciate you for understanding my point. But I also respect the idea that more often than not, we give no credit to the black artists that gave us the music we love.

3 Likes

Unpopular opinions thread goes type II and serves as a lesson in wokeness. I love this board.

4 Likes

Pardon me, Doug

1 Like

Well…that was fun

2 Likes

In other news: one of greensky’s “celebrity fans” is a kid diddler.

1 Like

Can’t believe I just read the last 150 posts in here

4 Likes

8 Likes

These are the keys to a bass solo I’ll enjoy lol. I usually don’t play during bass solos because I think it can keep the solo from popping, if I do I throw in outside chords because it’s fun and gives the bassist a place to jump out, and I always like when the drummer is playing to the bassist.

Keys can do well with bass solos because they can dial down their attack pretty easily but guitar comping can easily be annoying during bass solos

2 Likes

Damn I missed a whole Alex the dictator is racist conversation. I woulda loved my chance to check his privilege

2 Likes

You can still revive it. It’s not too late. I love shitting on white people for transparent virtue signaling. Let’s start set two of this baby.

3 Likes

I’m still pissed you made lomo saltado and didn’t run it by me first.

2 Likes

The outside chords aren’t bad if introduced early, but I am speaking more to the “half way through this solo let’s just change it, I’m sure the bassist will be able to keep up”. It’s just annoying because if I changed chord shapes during a guitar solo I would always hear about it from the guitarist.

You call it shitting on virtue signaling, i call it you getting defensive over a simple discussion of appropriation and oppression that you obviously felt called out about.

Everyone here gets vocal about their own political and social beliefs, yet that never gets called “virtue signaling”. We talk about trump, racism, nationalism, BLM, Kyle rittenhouse and everything else but somehow a discussion over black music is where you decide it’s virtue signaling. You’re just using that accusation of virtue signaling as a scape goat to avoid any sort of self reflection.

2 Likes

Damn, and we have two NFL games on right now. Tuesday is going hard.