Unpopular Opinions about UM

Remember this started with you assuming I meant “white American rock” music when I was talking about black artists from the 60s having just as much or more prevalence on political/social impact than reggae. Stop making up your own narrative. Poor gaslighting skills, sir. Stick to the point and admit that reggae is a boring and lame genre of music.

You’re acting like you’re providing some revelation here when this entire community has learned and acknowledged your point for like 10 fucking years except for maybe Mags and EB. Go join a right wing community and provide some education.

Your behavior invites my asshattery.

And I very, very rarely visit the political threads so I have no insight to what goes on there.

1 Like

It only takes the bort 3 days for a thread to go type 2. Very patient take notes Umphrey’s.

5 Likes

Long story short, I like Peter Tosh.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/hB_F_DQt6XU

You sure you were really taking about black artists? Because you followed up by talking about Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, James Brown and Nina Simone. I don’t recall a single person “hating on them now but did some cool stuff back then”.

Anyways, you were a smart ass the entire time and at no point gave the impression that you understood my point 10 years ago, and seemingly wanted to avoid the discussion all together. It wasn’t even meant to be directed at you but you got overly defensive. I was perfectly fine just having a discussion about the history of black music but it turned into a debate with plenty of denial.

I would rather get accused of virtue signaling than make a joking matter of the whole discussion. A discussion that people take very seriously outside of this bubble of a forum

2 Likes

Racist

1 Like

It’s just not much of a discussion on this community. Another reason why I don’t frequent the politics threads. Practically everyone here generally agrees on all the points there and it’s big circle jerk of people agreeing with each other going “yeah, we ARE right”.

There’s just not much to discuss on the topic within this community.

I do hate virtue signaling though. It’s not getting defensive. It’s a counterattack.

If you don’t like the discussion then stay out of it, it’s that easy

1 Like

I’m one of those Pawnee citizens that derails the public forum.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/areUGfOHkMA

1 Like

Need more details here. I know too many people in that scene…

Calling having a decent opinion and empathy virtue signaling is just doubling down on being a piece of shit by admitting that you don’t think anyone could actually have decent opinions or empathy genuinely. @AlexTheDictator proves he’s a piece of shit yet again

Fuck yeah was waiting for you to come in and drop some knowledge.

3 Likes

sweet lets do this again

8 Likes

Should I pop some popcorn, suggest that -bort has a PM function to continue this discussion privately, or start making fun of Ohio again?

1 Like

Exactly

You should EAD :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Hope you have a very happy holidays! Someone loves you.

3 Likes