UM "You Pick 2" Tier List

That 39 min Reso ~> Mulche’s segment from 10/21/2013 is pretty damn stellar

4 Likes

Oh, shit! I forgot about that one!

1 Like

Iirc i think you helped me out with the Sboard, always the man, Pook. :facepunch:
Stfo Monday shows ftw! Talk about a venue they’re not gonna play again, if they ever announce a St College show I’d go in a heartbeat. Nice to dream… anyway, the Bridgeless and Kabump from this show are solid as well

7/5/2008

It’s rare for Iowa to get any love. To get a hometown show in Sioux City was a dream, especially co-billed with Phil and Friends. I haven’t listened to the Reso in a long time, but it’s the version against which I judge all others.

4 Likes

I’ll have to spin that. Love how hard that AiT goes right outta the gates.

1 Like

I lost my goddamn mind when that dropped. The Bottom Half from that show is also tasty.

I’m still mad at myself for skipping that one. I was living in Ames at the time and just drove home to MN for the show at the Zoo instead.

The 2008 STUM show in Counciltucky was great too.

It’s a good under-the-radar show.

Song: Ringo
  • S
  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • F

0 voters

Song: Robot World
  • S
  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • F

0 voters

Song: Rocker Part 2
  • S
  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • F

0 voters

1 Like

Damn I’m the only one so far to give Rocker Part 2 the S Tier vote?

Maybe it’s cause I saw that song 13 times in its first year in the rotation. I must have the opposite of recency bias since I don’t associate it with being TLS’d. Rocker Part 2 is one of their best songs iMO.

3 Likes

See, that’s my main issue with it. Seen it be TLS’d enough… but they seem to have tried to distance themselves from the “standard” jam and its starting to find its legs again. The RR version from this year is solid

Super smash bros

1 Like

Rocker 2 might have suffered for me just from the fact I voted for it right after two “obvious S” type songs. It’s right on the A/B line, but I went B. I admit those TLS versions are what tipped me over, but Rocker 2 was an improv force to be reckoned with from 2008-2011 in particular, plus compositionally it is probably in their top 20 or so songs. Competition is stiff though.

I immediately thought “sound sanded board” but I’ve spent too long in the plywood industry…also falco ftw

Agree with everything here. Definitely one of my favorite songs

Song: Room To Breathe
  • S
  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • F

0 voters

Song: Roulette
  • S
  • A