UM Side Projects

Figured not every project needed it’s own thread so this is a place to talk about Doom Flamingo, Omega Moos, and wait for the return of Ohmphrey’s.

Anyone have the Supernatural Beings setlist from last night?

I’m hype for that LA afterparty. For what it is the Mint has a pretty solid stage and sound wasn’t terrible for Gateway to the Galaxy last year.

Anybody catch the doom set last weekend on Live From Out There? Really good stuff, Kanika is next level.

Also I’m hoping that the Stasik-Aqueous punk side project still happens at some point (The Hazards?)…had tickets to see the debut in San Diego, but it got cancelled along with everything else.

Doom Flamingo covers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFvGdgtamZw

I love that they covered the Poolside cover of Harvest Moon, such a great version and obviously Kanika kills it

Hoping to see Jake Cinninger Band or something similar pop-up one of these days.

2 Likes

the touch of grey cover that doom flamingo released is a’ight

2 Likes

Yup, I would love to see what kind of wild bandmates he’d put together. One big set of Nashville pickin’ and OHMPHREY type long form stuff.

Just announced today.

Does anyone have any recordings of any past Baysik shows? Couldn’t seem to find any on archive.

i’ve only had luck here

3 Likes

Thanks man! It’s been a few days since I stopped singing that to myself constantly.

1 Like

Link is broken. I found this one on the archive though.

05/22/2020 - The Windjammer - Isle of Palms, SC - Baysik: Brendan Bayliss and Ryan Stasik of Umphrey’s McGee

3 Likes

ohhh!!! this is the show with that absolutely fire opening jam

2 Likes

4 Likes

Umphrey’$ McNFT’s
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I have had worse luck with Mandolin than I have with Tourgigs.

2 Likes

Can’t believe they are replacing Kris with an NFT

6 Likes

the desperation from this band is absolutely comical at this point.

1 Like