UM Posters Thread

:joy: look like one of those blacklight posters from the early 2000s from Spencer’s Gifts

1 Like

Check out all my screw on attachments for my laser pointer

5 Likes

Lmfao

1 Like

Good god, this has to be one of the worst stretches of prints I’ve seen in a while. And that’s saying a lot because they’re all pretty meh nowadays. The Mazza is ok.

Todd Slater’s out here absolutely killing everything he does and we’re stuck with some scribbles out of a 7th graders notebook.

I’m fine with all of these shows I’m not attending getting shitty posters as long as the shows I go to get super sick posters.

2 Likes

Blame the custys who buy the poster even if they don’t like it cuz they need every poster for every show they’ve been to. If people didn’t buy the bad ones they wouldn’t keep putting them out

Beacon print aside, we can’t really expect amazing artists for small shows. It doesn’t make sense to hire an artist that costs a lot to print 100 copies for shows like ft Wayne and Columbus. They got exactly what they paid for with these prints. With that in mind, I think it makes way more sense for them to have one print per run for most shows. Get a great artist to print 1000 for a run 3-4 nights.

1 Like

IDK, I see some Spafford posters from relatively no name artists that I love. I think it’s more about the content than the quality of work.

1 Like

Yup

Doesn’t Spafford have a dedicated artist? He goes on tour with them sometimes.

If they do that’s news to me. I have a friend that does a lot of their AZ posters.

Seems like the very large majority of their prints are done by Jon Rose. I think Spafford has very consistently awesome posters.

Rose is dope. he’s like a more adult pollock.

except for when he spells shit wrong. that’s just more like regular pollock.

https://www.expressobeans.com/visual/IS.php?t=lg&id=321840

I just looked at that so many times thinking to myself “Mishawaka looks right to me…?” and then I saw it.

happy halloweem!

happy halloweem!

Anything on the Caverns or Asheville yet? Hopefully Asheville gets Masthay again. '18 is my favorite UM print I own

Conscious Alliance print for Asheville

1 Like

I’ve liked the Conscious Alliance posters more than the actual posters recently

2 Likes