Tool

I fucking LOVE Fear Inoculum.

1. Lateralus
  2. Fear Inoculum
  3. Aenima
  4. 10,000 Days
  5. Undertow
1 Like

It varies, but I am still listening to FI pretty regularly.

They finally formally cancelled the shows. I hope they reschedule and I can make the new dates, but glad to be getting my money back in the interim.

Same! I loved it initially, but I think it was because it was their first album in 13 years. After a couple of listens, it sounds like Lateralus II to me.

And that’s a bad thing? :wink:

If FI had been released WAY earlier, I wouldn’t have given it a second thought. But my impression was “13 years later, we get Lateralus again?” Musically speaking, it’s stellar as always. But it’s nothing we haven’t heard before. I’m not knocking anybody who likes FI, it’s just one that I listen to on the regular. Aenema is still my go-to Tool album.

Well at least well be getting money back. I was supposed to see a show on 6/6 and 6/9. Was super fucking hype. Bummed but understandable, obviously.

FI hasent left my car cd player since August 31st

same lol

I can understand not liking the album but I just don’t get how it sounds like Lateralus II. Crazy talk

Agreed. Lateralus is probably my third fav album behind Pink Floyd’s Animals and Paul Simon’s Graceland. FI has its own sound for sure. Just the fact that it has nothing even close to the rage of the grudge or ticks and leeches makes it a weird comparison. It sounds like an evolution, sure, but to call it a Lateralus II. Each Tool album has its own sound, with a core sound that has carried through it all. Similar to Floyd and all their albums, or Radiohead IMO

If FI sounded like Lateralus I’d love it. I don’t like FI because it’s… just… boring. It’s got no balls. Where’s my big dynamic changes in a tune like Eulogy? Where’s my fuck yeah metal riff like Laterlus? The piss and vinegar is gone. It’s now wine and cheese.

Have you listened to it recently? You’re a prog fan…I just can’t understand how you don’t love it . Invincible and Descending are masterpieces IMO.

To each their own

7empest is my fave

It’s hard to pick. They’re all phenomenal (except for chocolate chip trip)

Loooove Choc trip trip. I had a pretty special experience with this album. This was the most hype ive been for an album in years, possibly ever. My brother and I got to see them for the first time ever in May after trying to see them for over a decade. Shit just always happened where i couldnt make the show. But hearing Invincible and Descending live for the first time before the album was released was fucking amazing. When the album came out my brother and I decided to trip to it. I ordered the cd version for the crazy cd case with alex grey art. We took a tab and a half at about 4:30, waited about 45 minutes and started the album. My downstairs neighbors were gone and we just blasted the fuck out of my sound system. That album really connected with me, and just listening to music with my brother. I also saw pretty cool visuals for the first time ever, and im pretty experienced and the alex grey art was crazy.

Then I got to see them on halloween in Milwaukee and my brother and I decided to trip again for it. I was dealing with a lot of shit at work, and dealing with just one of the craziest people who was threatening to sue my program I run. And then they opened with Fear Inoculum>Aenima with some of the craziest light shows ive ever seen. It was a great release and I was able to let go of all the stupid shit that brought me down. Then I went home to Madison and watched Godzilla:King of the Monsters until 4 am. It was pretty great.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a good one. Title track is good too.

I do think it’s Carey’s best work which is really saying something.

Giving FI a (digital) spin today. Why is there no vinyl?

It’s bonkers. Where the hell is it? We’re going on a year since the release.

There was a rumor around release that they were working on a remaster of their old catalog along with a big vinyl boxset but by now I’m guessing that’s all bullshit

Yeah I heard about that and it’s caused me to hold off on finally getting Lateralus on vinyl.

I was already pissed that I got an order in for the second batch of FI cds but it took 2 1/2 months to ship with no updates provided along the way, and then they released a deluxe version or some bullshit like that.

Definitely do not get that Lateralus vinyl. One of the worst sounding records I own and they fucking changed the track order ?!?

I read from some the sound wasn’t great. Hadn’t seen that about the track order.