Today in Umphrey's McGee History

Josh, maybe you have to come to terms with the fact that all your friends are here on the -Bort and bashing Gulf Stream is what they came to do. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Gulf Stream sucking is the only negative thing Dan has ever said about Umphreys

4 Likes

Gulf Stream is a bottom tier um song but it was really awesome in the moment at that show.

11/10/07 was the first lyrical stew I witnessed where I knew what was happening. Definitely have strong nostalgia for those years at the eagles ballroom when I was in high school and would try to trade weed to someone to buy me beer.

2 Likes

I feel like it was also the 1st time Jake was the band member leading the lyrical stew vs the typical BB. I may very well be wrong about that, but it’s def the 1st time I can recall seeing it in person. Also, I was obsessively listening to every show back then & don’t remember hearing it on any recordings before that night either. But, again, I could very well be off on that part.

2 Likes

I don’t think I can recall an earlier Jake led lyrical, but there very well may have been one. They are exceeding rare as is.

2 Likes

Worth a shot… @jwelsh8 ?

4 Likes

Gulf Stream was just fine as a stew. Not my favorite by any means, but that Blecho works in context of the show. But it should have stayed just a stew… (and that is the danger of Raw Stewage right there, too.)

1 Like

Yeah, I was already giddy over that August, then having Water in the middle of a 2nd set Blecho was such a treat…in the moment, the stew hit me just right. Great night all around.

3 Likes

A day late on this one, but gosh, what a great show!

11/09/2006 - Cain’s Ballroom - Tulsa, OK

Set 1:
Robot World [1] > August > Mullet (Over), Plunger > Eat, Andy’s Last Beer

Set 2:
Divisions [2] > I Heard It Through the Grapevine [3] > Dump City > Divisions > Dr. Feelgood → Divisions, The Crooked One > Dump City, Roulette

Encore:
Miss Gradenko

7 Likes

big fan of screamin’ chick tour

2 Likes

:fire::fire: show. Just love the Divisions. Over shadowed by the next night in Dallas but so good. The kabump stew from 11/8 is awesome as well.

14th anniversary bump!! :+1:

2 Likes

It was so easy to underage drink in that venue with those drink tickets. They were endless

2 Likes

11/14/08 was my only milwaukee UM show. the two other times i was in that town was for one of the panic shows a week earlier, and a cubs game on my birthday in 2009

Happy …
takes a deep breath
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
day!

Is this a real thing, and if so what year lol?

The entire first set has the infamous screaming chick over the whole thing. It’s a wonderful show though.

6 Likes

I love the Syncopated but get so annoyed at that screaming chick every time I listen back. Sounded like she was getting beaten to death.

3 Likes

If she was and I knew that to be the case, it would be a much more satisfying listen…

2 Likes

I’m bummed that she is what everyone remembers about this fire show