The Goose Is Loose

Goose and UM both announced for the Friday of Forecastle. You love to see it.

Finally officially getting around to listening to these guys, and I’m very impressed. Really fun and complete tunes. I dig Wysteria Lane so hard, along with several others. But that one has stuck with me the most so far.

Probably going to hit the Two Roads brewing show on 06/20. Does anybody have any idea if it’s 2 sets?

Saw these guys open to Pigeons this past weekend. Solid, but I wasn’t necessarily sold. Demand for them was definitely high though. Packed house for an opener is rare. And they were given a 75 min opening set instead of the originally announced 60.

Second time seeing Pigeons and it was like the last time I saw them but more extreme. Terrible, terrible songs. But they can f’ing jam.

1 Like

I was all on board with these guys from the summer and I saw on of their shows recently in Richmond. I still enjoy their music. However, they just don’t have enough tunes and diverse jamming for my sustained interest. Even their extended track time songs on a setlist are played the same way for at least 80% of the song. Take Drive, for instance, a 25 min version will only produce a 3-5 min section near the end that’s unique. And I use that term lightly because the style and tone are usually similiar.

I feel after listening to a handful of shows it’s really easy to be drawn in. Good vox, catchy tunes, nice guys and jams. Recently, I just feel each new show is like hitting the repeat button. I still like them and listen, but just not quite as hyped as I was half a year ago. With that said, they did grow at a crazy rate, so expectations may need to be tempered until they get some time together under their belts.

Just started listening…creatures, butter rum, turned clouds, and Arcadia seem to stand out to me.

Copying my post from another thread:

Goose/PPPP announced a fanless streamed show. Definitely a cool idea for the fans amidst all the cancelations.

Edit to add: for those interested, the show is tonight at 8 pm eastern via nugs.tv. Both bands playing full sets and proceeds for buying the stream go towards the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund for artists and industry workers who have lost income due to the recent outbreak.

So glad they’re doing this. Was a bummer to have the show canceled minutes before I was headed out the door.

Goose’s streamed set from last night is up on Nugs. Almost 90 mins. Really hope more artists start doing this. Very cool idea that is great for both the band and the fans.

1 Like

I think this is definitely going to be the new norm for a little while. I’ll be happy to support any of the bands I like by paying for some streams.

1 Like

I’m about a year into heavily listening to Goose and I’m a big fan. I do agree that their jamming isn’t that unique or diverse. But you will find some heavy hitting jams if you wade through a lot of their stuff. This one is quite good:

Skip to around 16:30 for when they really lock in

Another interesting thing about the band is they’ll rework some of their songs and have different versions of their originals. Like, most people know the songs So Ready and Slow Ready are the same tune, just different tempos and some of the sections are different. Then you’ve got Jive, Jive II and Jive Lee. They play (I believe) 2 versions of All I Need. But my favorite might be the re-working of Into The Myst. It’s now this pretty sweet dance jam someone dubbed Disco Myst

Check out the recent 3/15/20 version of this song for a nice clean version. It was recorded during one of their recent Quarantine broadcasts. There’s no real jam, but the song builds up to this sweet ending

1 Like

And probably my big thing with this band is even if they had no jamming, I’d still want to see them live

Just found the song White Lights. Man oh man do I love this!

New live album drops 4/10.

Goose let’s loose with their first live album!

Absolutely dope!

Watched the live stream premier last night. Solid live album. Time to Flee, Hot Tea, All I Need, and Wysteria Lane all have really great moments. I thought it sounded like the 8.16.19 version of Wysteria was dropping into Butter Rum, but then they cut to the 10.25.19 Rum instead. It would have been cool to include the full segue into rum, but the 10.25.19 version was fun too watch and the audience was diggin’ it.

Agreed! I’m really diggin this Wysteria Lane

Just really gettin into these guys, they’re very raw. Can’t wait to see them live

https://goosebingotour.com/

Deets released for the bingo tour. Sounds like a pretty fun time:

From June 19-28 we’ll be live streaming 5 nights of performances from The Goose Community Rec Center. The 5 nights will include 8 full sets plus special events TBA. Merch packages including posters, t-shirts and pins are available now.

Each show night, we will play setlist bingo with all of you watching from home. With each ticket you’ll receive a digital bingo board filled with original songs, covers, and more. Our performances will be dictated by bingo balls drawn on stage by the infamous Jon “Coach” Lombardi. You can play along with your digital bingo board for a chance to win VIP experiences and merchandise. Additional bingo boards can be purchased to increase your chances of winning.

Tickets and more info available at goosebingotour.com

2 Likes

Sweet, pretty out there concept. But at least that’s some form of live music to look forward to this summer!

Never listened to a note of goose but my buddy at work just played their acoustic weird fishes cover and it was fucking sick. Really surprised me

I assume they still suck though :woman_shrugging: