The Doniac Schvice

they are certainly more talented and unique than the other tier 5 bands that were blowing up when i was heavy touring (the werks, pppp, twiddle, aqueous).

For a long time I disliked all jam bands except for UM, Phish, and moe. I could get down with Bisco here and there but they never tour the west coast and I honestly forgot about them. That was until Spafford hit the scene. That band makes me feel like watching those first UM shows all over again. Brian Moss is a ridiculously talented guitar player.

I like Aqueous too.

1 Like

I really do like both Aqueous & Spafford, but I don’t feel like either of them are doing anything too much different than what’s been done by the likes of Phish, UM & the Biscuits.

Back on the Phish topic…

Just got word that our rental house is locked down about 1.5 miles south of the show area & it also turns out the father one of my buddies drives limo in AC (insert mags jokes here)…

Wow. I think you were the one that I kept seeing rave about Spafford around like 2015ish when I was just like “LOL whatever new jambands all suck.”

1 Like

literally the biggest spafford stan on the planet man. i just lost all interest after the drummer shit and just losing interest in the scene in general.

I hear that. Personally I get most of my fix from the house music community, and that scene is on fire in my city and other cities within 4 hours drive of me.

Phish and Biscuits are the only bands that make me dance with abandon the way house music does. Unfortunately I don’t think Phish does that as much anymore. And my sense is that they don’t bring IT anywhere near as much as they can and should for how much it costs me to see them. That’s mostly because I don’t live in a city they hit.

Fortunately I’ve made friends with some wonderful people in ATL and one of them is willing to give me a room to stay in, plus flights there from Tampa are cheap af. So I’m going to risk it and hopefully they pull me back in.

Here’s my final thought on Phish. At their best, they are unparalleled. The ultimate. They just aren’t at their best anymore.

1 Like

exactly how i feel about chicago and jazz. there’s just too much insane shit going on, almost nightly, to worry about anything else.

totally agree.

Those ATL shows might be the move for me… especially since they are during the weekend.

The product they put out today is still better than ___% of whatever else is out there.

NYE 95 is such a good show. That Weekapaug is so money. Just a classic show to put on at any time.

this was the first Phish CD that a buddy handed to me my freshman year of high school. Just a perfect starting point for anyone wanting to check out the band, imo. Whole show is just tighter than a frog’s asshole.

1 Like

^that whole run is great. Y’all should listen to the prior nights too of you haven’t yet.

Just found out that 1 of our group has gotten a confirmation on 4 sets of tix for AC!

Hoping the others get their orders filled as well, so nobody ends up having to scramble for tix. I’d assume these tix won’t be all that tough, being it’s all GA & a large venue, but it’s nice not having to worry.

Also super pumped that my buddy Arthur can make it, & his bday is the 16th. Just another excuse to get after it extra hard that weekend!

:flying_saucer: :flying_saucer:

Put in for Tahoe, SF and Noblesville. No emails or holds yet :unamused:

Dreading the public on sales tomorrow if that’s the route I have to take.

Edit: Deer Creek lawn’d

Got floors for Hershey n1. Not bad. Not sure that’s even the run I do but figure better to secure the small venue tickets in case. I don’t think AC will sell out.

Struck out on everything. Gonna try for Dick’s and LA tomorrow.

Failed at Hershey N2 today. I really hate the TM waiting room bullshit. And how how they make it look like tix are available and then every time it’s “sorry another Dan beat you…” Uhhhg.

100% agree. Trying to click 2 dots for seats before someone else with consistent “Oops! Looks like another fan beat you.” is about the most infuriating part of TM onsales. Being able to just search for 2 best available is wayyyyy better when it comes to trying to get pavs.

Another thing that drives me nuts about Phish tickets is how many phans try to get tickets for shows they have 0 intention on hitting just to use as trade leverage. I get it, but it just lowers the chances of people getting tickets they need for a show they’re definitely attending. All of the phish ticketing experience blows.

2 Likes

The Peak Builders Ticket Scalping Collective must’ve scooped up all the tickets bruhs

1 Like

Yup totally sucks. I unfortunately may have to be one of those people now. Going to attempt to get some Nashvegas pavs to trade for Hershey.