The Doniac Schvice

Bort 5.0/4.1- rejoice! Let’s talk about the boys from Vermont.

NYE 2020 discussion? Not that I want it to be about this, but Trey getting stuck was hilariously memorable. Spinal Tap-esque to the max. What did people think about the gag in general? The clone chorus was a cool idea, clearly toned down from previous years in terms of pageantry, but I am constantly amazed at the creativity of these guys who have done this for so so many years. Mixed feelings on the chorus vocal additions- cool in some spots, could’ve done without it in others. Thoughts about NYE or the run in general?

Thought the gag was alright. Seen them do better and seen worse. Had no clue there was a real issue with Trey at the time. But went back and rewatched the 3rd set last night. He handled the situation really well. So glad the show got to go on regardless otherwise.

The rest of the run was awesome and 12/30 is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Pretty sure Kuroda got even more lights around the arena then he had in the past. MSG has clearly become the best place to see Phish in the last few years. Can’t wait to go back.

Someone mentioned to me up there that MSG hired Kuroda to design the lighting throughout the arena. Didn’t get any more detail, but it makes sense, he is a Rangers fan :grinning:

I only went on 12/31, but I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of it: music, venue, full-set visual “gag”. I’ve seen quite a few NYEs over the years, I would put the overall experience up there with some of the best. I was posted up at about center court under the scoreboard, and Trey was clearly uncomfortable up there, borderline terrified, enough to make us nervous for him throughout. Loved the Drift placement, too; one of my favorite cuts from Ghosts. The Trey-clones doing the Trey dance during the D&B breakdown in YEM had me rolling; too perfect.

PS - Hampton Coliseum March 6-8

3 nights on the beach in AC this summer, too? This is less verified than Hampton in March.

I don’t think Hampton in March is happening. But I got a hotel booked for AC 8/14-16.

Haha nice. When do they usually announce, not til late Feb/early March ya?

Its always been late January with an onsale date of early February. The dates are coming either this week or early next, historically speaking. Atlantic City has been confirmed by some local journalists and the campground right by Deer Creek also has a listing on their bookings website for a 3 night run

Very likely this will also include a west coast tour. They tend to do that every other year.

Some leaked stuff on TicketBastard. Forum 7/24 then Chase Center 7/25 and 7/26. Should make SF a considerably easier ticket. Chase Center being double the capacity of Bill Graham.

And there they are. Might go big this year. All five CA dates and Dick’s.

Postin it up here, just for ease/reference. I’m in for all of Nashville and Deer Creek. Summer vacay

PHISH SUMMER TOUR 2020

07/14 Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR
07/15 Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR
07/17 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/18 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/19 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/21 Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys, Stateline, NV
07/22 Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys, Stateline, NV
07/24 The Forum, Inglewood, CA
07/25 Chase Center, San Francisco, CA
07/26 Chase Center, San Francisco, CA
07/29 Walmart AMP, Rogers, AR
07/31 Oak Mountain Amphitheatre, Pelham, AL
08/01 Piedmont Park, Atlanta, GA
08/02 Piedmont Park, Atlanta, GA
08/04 Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
08/05 Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
08/07 Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN
08/08 Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN
08/09 Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN
08/11 Giant Center, Hershey, PA
08/12 Giant Center, Hershey, PA
08/14 Atlantic City Beach, Atlantic City, NJ
08/15 Atlantic City Beach, Atlantic City, NJ
08/16 Atlantic City Beach, Atlantic City, NJ
09/04 DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
09/05 DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
09/06 DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

Midwest got hosed. No San Diego is a bummer but expected, guess just LA for me.

Might be my first time ever doing CID. Have had Showboat booked for a couple weeks for AC but worried it might be a bit of a dump. Travel packages for that run aren’t too much more and thinking it might be worth it to bite the bullet for a bit nicer pad.

Brief departure from tour date discussion to say that 12/30 Tweezer is utterly incredible. Better than Tahoe, this is an all-time jam of ANY phish era. Just wow.

Uhhhg yeah these dates blow. Might be a Phishless summer for me.

Wasn’t too pumped when I 1st saw the dates, being no Alpine shows this year.

The Atlantic City shows looked appealing, but I didn’t think those would work out.

Then, my fiancée suggested maybe that should be the event I build my bachelor party around. Within 2 hours, my best man had 8 of us on board & another 6-8 as ‘maybes’.

Cannot believe how easily this all came together. Will finally get to my 100th show on the 2nd night, after seeing Phish for over 25 years…fuck yes!! :beers:

I think any region not-Denver needs to be prepared for tour dates that aren’t convenient every other year. On the west coast, Dick’s is the best we get in odd numbered years.

And no, Colorado is not “west coast”.

Brief departure from tour date discussion to say that 12/30 Tweezer is utterly incredible. Better than Tahoe, this is an all-time jam of ANY phish era. Just wow.

Was at 12/30 and not Tahoe but gotta disagree. That 18-24 minute section of MSG is the type of shit I’ll travel land or sea in hopes of catching. But Tahoe has such a glorious peak (forgive the woos) it gives me chills every time I hear it. The MSG Tweezer kind of fizzles on a rough landing after the whole forced Potvin sucks ending. It was fucking incredible though and glad they’re still capable of creating segments like that.