The Artist Evaluation Thread

you should listen to u talkin’ u2 to me

2 Likes

Yeah, that was a tough one and I also love ITTOD. That said, it just doesn’t hit as hard as everything before it IMO. Guess I coulda said Coda, but that doesn’t really count…

1 Like

This would probably be my answer for PJ

Yeah Coda would be the cop-out answer. I was just about to come back to say I’d leave it blank. Achilles Last Stand, Nobody’s Fault Mine and Tea for One are all that good early Zep blues shit that I absolutely love which would make Presence the wrong answer.

2 Likes

Thanks.

TIL: Edge married the belly dancer

Interested for someone to do Pink Floyd. I’d do it but don’t want to get ripped

Artist: Jay-Z

Best Album: Reasonable Doubt

Worst Album: Kingdom Come

#1 Overrated Song: Empire State of Mind

#1 Underrated Song: Moment of Clarity

Reasonable Doubt is his best but Black Album is my favorite

I think PF is kinda easy because of the post-Roger stuff

3 Likes

Easy.

Artist: Pink Floyd

Best Album: Animals

Worst Album: The Endless River

#1 Overrated Song: Money

#1 Underrated Song; San Tropez, If, Alan’s Psychedelic Breakfast or Remember a Day

1 Like

I say that, but then I forget that some people try to pretend that Dark Side isn’t the best PF record

1 Like

I figured the controversy would be between Animals, DSOTM, WYWH, The Wall being their best album

3 Likes

God Hates Us All is really good! I almost put Divine Intervention as the worst album but WPB edges it out as the worst, IMO.

Hemispheres was an easy decision for me to make. I fucking love that album!

1 Like

Oh, I forgot about Divine Intervention. Yeah that would be mine.

I generally like Diablous and God Hates Us All. It just doesn’t hold a candle to their golden age of thrash albums.

1 Like

I think the pot is overrated as fuck. I’d put 10k days under FI (cause I think that album slays)

This wasn’t easy, so there are ‘notes’ needed:

^ - each of their albums are great in their own way, but Royal Scam & Aja hold the top spots. Some days I may lean Aja, but I would give the edge to Royal Scam overall.

^^ - they don’t have a bad album, but if I have to pick one, it would be their last offering.

@ - great tune, but it’s popularity causes it to overshadow much better tunes on the B side. To be honest, it’s probably my least favorite tune on Countdown To Ecstasy, and it’s a f’n great song.

% - I don’t think either of these are truly underrated, but again, they get overshadowed by more typically ~ popular & more well known ~ tunes, which aren’t necessarily any better, just more familiar to most.

I’ll get around to Zappa later, then KC after that…

I think I’d put Do It Again for overrated, but otherwise agree 100%. King of The World is so good

3 Likes

king of the world has a section that screams to be opened up. wish someone had the balls to do it

1 Like

It was between Do It Again & My Old School. The reason I went My Old School is because I think the rest of that album is f’n stacked, whereas Cant’t Buy a Thrill is very solid, but doesn’t have quite as many tunes that shine so brightly, but seldom get as much attention.

1 Like

Artist: Phish

Best Album: Rift

Worst Album: Fuego

#1 Overrated Song: Harry Hood

#1 Underrated Song: Scents and Subtle Sounds (not sure this is actually considered underrated)

1 Like