Suwannee Rising 2021

Definitely wearing a mask if I get to meet SJB tho tbh imo fam

1 Like

I got dental dams on deck fam. Get in line

3 Likes

I think we have finally reached the point in the pandemic where we can start feeling ok about living our lives again. Where hopefully, you dont have to feel judged for not just sitting at home all day every day and letting your mental health go to shit. This is also the time where I think a lot of people will have a difficult time adjusting back to regular life. It will take awhile to get over the fear. Things will feel wrong or awkward at times, but at least we are moving in the right direction . There are a lot of places where things are still really bad, though, so still gotta be smart and follow protocol to the best of your ability. My county just got down below the 2% positivity rate for the first time in damn near a year, which is pretty awesome

2 Likes

Iā€™m more comfortable with the after party situation at this fest than any of the non-camping events where a bunch of people will be in hotel rooms afterwards.

1 Like

Is there a good chance this sells out before the week is over?

Yea, same. Being outdoors is way safer than cramming a ton of wooks into a hotel.

1 Like

The safety thing doesnā€™t bother me or the fact that the bands and venue are doing this event. Iā€™m just over the whole drive inn/pod concert thing. But obviously itā€™s the best we got for now and we are probably not close to buying a normal concert tickets for an indoor venue until the fall at the earliest.

If this wasnā€™t all the way down in Florida or was more then one night of UM I might be getting in the plane. Not overly concerned about covid personally butā€¦ spring skiing trip > festival

isnā€™t um playing one set each night

I love the pod idea in a vacuum as someone who hates standing for hours on end and interacting with people I donā€™t know and VFJers

2 Likes

The announcement graphic just says 2 sets.

Unless itā€™s one set each night

yeah thatā€™s what i think it is. people canā€™t seriously travel to florida to see lettuce as a headliner

1 Like

I have personally loved all the pod/drive-in style shows I have seen. Personal boogie room, and in some cases BYOB. What is not to love?

1 Like

I havenā€™t done one yet and am canā€™t wait for one that is closer to home.

Iā€™d bet 90 minutes + long encore each night

Iā€™m really not trying to judge, itā€™s just not for me personally. And combining mask requirements with an outdoor environment is clearly the safest trade-off.

Iā€™ll feel that way after getting a poke (or two) in the arm.

Iā€™m a big fan of the concept as well. BYOB and not having to interact with randos is a huge plus.

1 Like

Iā€™m fortunate enough to have gotten both doses of the vaccine and have a couple of UM friends who are in the same boat. The lineup isnā€™t exactly incredible, but between UM, Delvon Lamarr (whose newest album has been on repeat for weeks), and Mark Lettieri, this is hard to pass up. Add the PODS and BYOB and I think itā€™s time to GITV.

2 Likes

I just want to know how young @WhoDatVols is. Am I old?!

1 Like

Line skipper.