Support the Bort

I could potentially lend a hand with this. Iā€™m a CPA, for what itā€™s worth.

1 Like

Supported happily. Iā€™d be happy to send a one time bigger payment if it helps with the startup costs.

My 1st ~annual~ payment has been sent. :beers:

1 Like

We already have pledges for > 25% of yearly operating costs! Thank you everyone.

Right now I am hoping to use one time donations to make up for past funds, and the patreon subscriptions to push us to the future.

So far for one time donations we need about 200 more bucks, and for pledges we need about 10 more silver members or 30 more bronze ones :slight_smile: or some combination of the two !

Thank yall so much for chipping in. Grateful for you greasy animals

Iā€™m in!

1 Like

Thanks again for the option of a larger, 1 time (or annual) donation vs small monthly amount. Iā€™m a far bigger fan of just offering up what I can at a given time, rather than a couple bucks here & there.

Aside from the chance that Iā€™m somehow in financial trouble, I should be able to donate the same amount, or more, at the beginning of each calendar year.

Cheers!! :metal: :beers:

1 Like

Thank YOU supporters!

You are all amazing. We are only 4 bucks away from our target goal of covering our cloud servers (by far our largest expense).

This place is really close to becoming a self driving car.

3 Likes

I just noticed this and signed up on Patreon. How do I get the heady Patreon logo next to my handle? Keep getting error request when I try to log in through Patreon via Chrome.

{ā€œerrorā€:ā€œinvalid_requestā€,ā€œerror_descriptionā€:ā€œMismatching redirect URI.ā€,ā€œstateā€:ā€œb27fef07ed3ff7f4b6462b77459f43deb9a5dcaa7323d67aā€}

Go to your profile, click the ā€œpreferencesā€ tab, scroll down to ā€œTitleā€ and choose ā€œpatronā€ from the drop down.

But it might not immediately transfer over to this site. I donā€™t see the Patron badge in your profile so migh take a minute to be available.

Yeah I donā€™t have that so itā€™s probably not until they charge me on Patreon? Not sure, just trying to get my Bort cred up.

1 Like

It was automatic for me AFAIK and happened right away. Not sure if it was by my email address or what.

My didnā€™t show up for a week

Took mine a day or two? I think itā€™s done personally from the @root account?

2 Likes

how is everything going? havenā€™t heard about the books since Jan.

Stringz has been making a fortune off us

5 Likes

knew it.

was moreso curious if we need to up our support, maybe do a membership drive & start throwing in tote bags for subscribers or something

Idk honestly I havenā€™t done the maths in a while. I will get around to it eventually. We pretty close to breaking even every month give or take 10 bucks, but havenā€™t done the exact numbers in a while.

Sure wish we had a treasurerā€¦

Queue tears of fear soundtrack

Everybody wants to be a mod

(But nobody wants to help with the things we actually need help with)

But seriously, I could really use someone to help with this ā€¦