Summer Camp 2023

Dang, I always enjoyed having UM on Thursday (every day!)

In modern times, yes. There were so many incredible barn sets when the fest was smaller, though. Also before the city let them push mainstage curfew to 2am and smaller soundsystems until 4am.

1 Like

Hopefully they give Green Velvet a 2-4am set on the Starshine Stage. That would be a blast. My plans are looking a little murkey, though. Not sure if i can swing it or not.

Tickets purchased. Second year where it paid off to wait and pick up a VIP package for cheap off cashortrade below early bird pricing. Booyah. Looking forward to it.

6 Likes

I think I am in for at least a couple days.

2 Likes

How realistic is it to make early flights out of Chicago on Sunday or Monday morning when attending scamp? I’d love to go again since the squeak will be there, been way too long as it is.

1 Like

we’re playing sunday fwiw

2 Likes

I would look into Peoria airport. It is super close. Bloomington is also way closer than Chicago.

1 Like

How realistic it is really all depends on how early the flight is and how good you are at waking up

From the Summer Camp gates it’s basically 2 hours exactly to O’Hare, I’ve dropped buddies off who had noon flights on that Monday with no issue.

3 Likes

Hey friends. First summer camp experience. Just planning on doing Sunday and looking to hotel. Is there parking outside of three sisters park, or is it just all inside the grounds. Any hotel recs?

2 Likes

No idea what your parking options would be outside of the festival grounds. But in case you didn’t know, unlike a lot of car camping festivals, parking is entirely separate from the camping/stage area (exception being the “RV” camping). Everybody who is camping lugs all their shit from their car, through security, into the camping/stage area. It’ll be a bit of a walk from your car to the entrance, so plan accordingly.

I’ve heard of people staying at hotels in Chillicothe (limited, but probably walkable) and Peoria, but don’t know anything beyond that.

1 Like

the one year i went, i showed up for sunday only and slept in my car in the lot then drove back to chicago monday morning

3 Likes

This is a good move, or just bring a very stripped down camp setup and throw a tent up in the field. Not having to drive, especially with the gauntlet of police in that town during the festival, is preferred.

3 Likes

Anyone ever Uber out of there?

Don’t have hotel recs but regarding driving/parking, I seem to recall some shuttles from some local hotels back in the day. As mentioned the cops are nuts in that area

2 Likes

Good info to look into, thanks

You gonna be there?

Really really wanted to but we pack up and move that weekend

1 Like

You have to sneak booze in up your @ass

2 Likes

How do I sneak my hotel into the fest?

3 Likes

i was hoping for some ‘where in the world is carmen sandiego’ level building sneakery, but no

1 Like