Summer Camp 2023

In my experience, if you just go back to your car on Friday afternoon and walk back confidently you don’t even get stopped.

I also haven’t been in a few years and it’s a bummer. @chicagostylehotdog mentioned spots available in the forest all weekend, for three years (‘12-‘14) my buddies and I would get there at 4am and party in line until the gate opened Thursday so we could get a good spot. Nuts that it’s up against the ropes like this a decade later.

1 Like

I remember 2014 being pretty crazy. I was in the vip woods that year and it was filled up by Thursday afternoon. That was also the year I caught an edm kid camping near us going through a bag in our tent. His excuse was he was fucked up and thought it was his tent.

3 Likes

2013 someone stole my entire bag that was tite. My food, clothes, medicine, and our car keys.

I did the whole year of the floods with 1 pair of shorts, tshirt, and rain jacket.

Ended up buying a pair of dry socks on sunday morning for like 10 bucks or some dumb shit. That was a good hustle that guy had going on

5 Likes

this was the only year I went and I was in vip woods too! but I was supreme wookin it and didnt have anything besides clothes and $8

3 Likes

fucken genius. my buddy and I have always talked about selling ponchos if we hit enough shows on summer tour but it’s just another 4am business idea.

I absolutely love fresh socks. If I was a millionaire I would never wear a pair twice (once worn they would be donated)

1 Like

Looks like 2023 will bring the dust.

1 Like

the worst. so brutal going from car camping to moonshine when it’s dusty. fuck

2 Likes

this all sounds awful. See everybody for goose

4 Likes

We plan on just setting up by the Moonshine stage along the tree line. Should get good shade in morning and be away from all the hustle and bustle. Especially if it is as empty as it sounds like it was last year.

Should help avoid the dust a bit in terms of campsite and walking back-and-forth across the campgrounds since most of the sets I want to see are at Moonshine, but yea, its going to be a dusty mess on the paths and around the SBD at Moonshine.

1 Like

I’ll take the dust over swamps

1 Like

6 Likes

congrats on the socks

6 Likes

His mutha was a muddah

4 Likes

I’m jealous every year I can’t go, but this year stings extra hard. Wish I could be there. The trick is to sleep well, eat well and drink water. Then fuggin rage 2pm-4am. Lineup is epic. Have a great time everyone.

If any tapers out there can stream the Sunday UM sets, it’d be very much appreciated. Someone should ask the band or management to stream the show for us. There’s a ton of people who would like to hear this show. Anyway pm me if you want. I just really want to hear the show, preferably live.

1 Like

Hands down the least amount of shit I have ever brought with me to a festival. Lets go! :evergreen_tree::alien::evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

If anyone hears of a cheap car camping pass floating around Hollah at ya boi

1 Like

And you still probably over packed.

Have fun to all there. This one hurts.

1 Like

Doing any movement or parties?

1 Like

Im staying in GR for the first time in many years

1 Like

:cry:

1 Like