Spafford - Take It Into Double Time!

Red with a shoutout to Squeaky Feet before their set tonight. “One of our favorite bands out there”

SF def just tiered up

9 Likes

Their songwriting is definitely bottom tier in terms of jam band. I mean they literally just dropped out and held a note ala Divided Sky. Brian shreds though but he has a bunch of go to Trey licks for sure

the couple times I saw them something during every song/jam reminded me of Phish to the point it was distracting

Spafford Sux

Second set Friday night was awesome. Couple very biscuit moments.

Agreed that they don’t have much of their own sound. I never find myself seeing another band and going “this sounds very spafford-y.”

1 Like

I hear a bit of Bayliss in Moss too. A number of their songs have solo sections that are reminiscent of UM tunes like 2x2 or Kimble.

Cool to get the shout out in the nugs tape of last night. The whole Spafford band/crew were honestly super awesome all weekend. I loved Fort Collins set 2

9 Likes

Bro, that’s not what I heard about them, bro.

2 Likes

Thought about asking you what they were like to hang out with. Totally agree on the Fort Collins second set.
They streamed their show on Youtube and Twitch and probably other sites. Did they ask if you wanted to be featured?

Nah, but that’s not really the band’s call. It would involve a couple people working another hour, and they might’ve if we asked and offered to compensate but we didn’t bother. Photographer took shots of us on the house though.

Yeah overall great band and crew to work with and hang with. Brian and Red in particular are huge fans of ours and super supportive, we hung with them a good amount. And the crew was awesome. We’ll probably play more with them in the future. I’d honestly say they might be the most encouraging band we’ve gotten to play with.

14 Likes

We did get video of last night with our own guy though, nothing crazy just a 3 cam like our show with Dopapod back in March.

1 Like

This makes me so happy. That’s awesome man!

1 Like

Pumped to see the announcement of a MKE date that’s not at the Miramar. Now hoping that Dopapod and Aqueous follow suit…

1 Like

Im not seeing it on the tour page? Where is it at, turner?

Back Room of Collectivo. It’s on the weekend UM is in MPLS though, so there’s that. We’re not planning to head to MN for UM, so this is a nice option for us.

2 Likes

Planning on hitting UM Thursday in Madison then spafford Saturday I think. See you there Josh.

2 Likes

Oof, love that room, would love to see spaff there

2 Likes

this is on the radar. love this spot.

2 Likes

Spafford fucks.

4 Likes

I hope you got to play tummy sticks with all the boiz that made it down

1 Like