So the band is accepting money

Noticed on their Instagram they have a paypal link. I’m not going to say they are asking for money, but they sure will take it.

Couldn’t they do a package of songs and videos like they’ve done for charities in the past?

Laziest crowd funding endeavor ever.

KB’d

2 Likes

Browningmustgo

4 Likes

Very strange way to ask for money or not ask technically. They have bevy of old live vids and shows to sell. Might be a good time to sell some Xmas shows…

1 Like

Taper appreciation nights too

3 Likes

It blows my mind how the band obviously works very hard but the management is so dang lazy. 11E1even put together that whole streaming thing with Nugs. UM has some rescheduled shows which I’m happy about, but farting out a paypal link is so dang lazy.

1 Like

Yeah that is dumb. There are tons of old tour gigs shows that are probably archived somewhere that they could sell w/ tourgigs I would guess.

kb money me

7 Likes

Interesting. As others have said, they must have plenty of material they could use and ask for “donations”… haven’t seen many bands just put out requests, not coupled with a live stream, release, merch, etc…

Yeah there has to be a ton of archived stuff they could drop for like $5 each or something. Remember how many different levels there were to the Mantis preorder? What happened to those days

Honestly rubbed me the wrong way when I saw this on IG. Everyone is hurting rn especially low wage/hourly service workers. Plenty of music or shows they could release or merch they could put on sale, and there is absolutely no context (e.g fund for the crew who isn’t getting paid).

1 Like

JFC are you serious. Fucking embarrassing

KB must go.

I just sent a penny with the note #KBMUSTGO

8 Likes

I’m really hoping that there is some sort of campaign coming to pair with that donation link being posted. It’s very unlike the band to do something like straight up ask for money but that link has been there for a few days with no back story or reasoning for why it’s there.

Agreed. It’s a bad look. There’s so many ways they could churn up some quick revenue from their fanboys without just awkwardly posting a paypal link.

I’d happily purchase access to some Live From Home type streams if they were reasonably priced and not through tourgigs.

They should do something like %100 of merch proceeds go to cover lost wages for the crew, I would totally support that.

3 Likes

That’s probably extremely hard to do through online sales since MT is involved. I’ve been told that merch sales at shows are truly the best way to get money “directly” into the hands of the band and crew but obviously shows aren’t happening.

umphrey’s is the last band on the planet you should be giving any money to right now. so many musicians who actually need your donation to survive.

3 Likes

this is an excellent idea.

Fixed that for you!