Screaming and Crying: The Emo Thread

I’ve been ripping through Coheed & Cambria’s post GAIBSIV discography. SSTB and IKSSE3 are still the best but I quite enjoyed everything. I haven’t finished The Afterman: Descension yet but I’m enjoying those “double albums”. Unheavenly Creatures was also pretty darn good. New Coheed > New UM.

3 Likes

1 Like

How about bands that actually sound like them (MO)? Seriously asking for recs.

2 Likes

Love this post. Hell yeah. Coheed is the best.

My post GA1 knowledge is super small but no world for tomorrow, sentry the defiant, and domino the destitute are amazing songs up there with the best of the OG albums. I’ll have to listen to them more.

1 Like

I thought I was going to hate No World for Tomorrow because I swear I heard some track off there and was turned off, and never went back. Really solid album!

From their newest album, The Dark Sentencer is a badass song. Really into that one. I’d say this album isn’t as heavy as others but I like how everything fits together.

Will definitely try to catch them next time they’re in town.

1 Like

This would be incredible

1 Like

Duuuude

@Jolson Thursday setlist looking :fire::fire::fire:

SPOILERS

Praying this tour doesn’t get cancelled

1 Like

This seems to be the same set they played on last tour. Not a complaint though since I didn’t see that one. Pumped for tonight. Tacos & Margs > Thursday.

Hoping it’s super undersold because its like 10 degrees here and I don’t want to be crowded while in my heavy peacoat

2 Likes

Going to look badass crab walking in a peacoat though

2 Likes

Lmao

Could be just trying to push tix but sounds like it sold well

We’ll fortunately I’m an adult that can pay for coat check now

It fuxxed

2 Likes

Nooooice. I heard the rest of the Appleseed Cast had to back out so it’s just one of the dudes playing solo. And I don’t see Jeremy Enigk on the bill either. Pumped for some Thursday though. Just need this tour to last 1 more week…

Going to try and grab one for the Dear You anniversary tour. Not even the biggest Jawbreaker fan but this album is monumental

2 Likes

Oh fuck

1 Like

Oh shit. That one album is so good

Edit - wait nvm I’m thinking of Real Estate lol

2 Likes