Screaming and Crying: The Emo Thread

Fuckin A. SDRE and now Elliott reuniting? Hope to see more local dates for these guys

Great record

Ugh Norman Brannon has COVID. Hopefully Thursday can still make tomorrows show happen

@Jolson call @Whinergetsnothing a fake New Yorker because heā€™s too scared to drive to New Haven for Thursday tonight

Itā€™s also about to snow and he just got a PS5 so Iā€™d probably stay home as well

5 Likes

Wtf @Whinergetsnothing are you scene or not

4 Likes

I drive a Kia

1 Like

Itā€™s not really a scared thing. Itā€™s just a ā€œI donā€™t want to dealā€. New Haven is doable for a night trip when its 1:30- 1:40. Not when itā€™s gonna take me at least 2 hours to get home safely.

1 Like

The end of the Cursive set crushed

Now Geoff is talking about Phish. I love Thursday

4 Likes

How was the show?

It was good. Covid really fucked up basically this whole lineup but it was still enjoyable. Jeremy Enigk pulled out of the tour, The Appleseed Cast only had one band member and Thursday lost their touring guitarist 2 days before the show. Some of the songs had people fill in but a few songs suffered without both guitars, in particular A Hole in the World. Still a blast though

Wait what? Donā€™t they still have Steve and Tom? Wasnā€™t their touring guitarist for 3rd guitar?

Steve was there but I feel like I havenā€™t seen Tom in awhile. I know Frank Iero from MCR was on their live streams last year. I think he broke his wrist so Norman Brannon (Texas is the Reason) was filling in since last year. I was hyped to see him play with them because theyā€™ve been covering a TITR song in their set but they didnā€™t play it without him

Iā€™m so confused. Tom was only out for that Livestream due to quarantine restrictions for out of state players, he was even promoting this tour on his personal accounts. Maybe he caught the vid too?

I have no idea. I feel like I havenā€™t seen him with the band in awhile

The Early November has been posting up a storm regarding their 20 year anniversary but idgaf just give me some show dates Ace!!! Looks like they are beginning to record a new album though.

2 Likes

Iā€™d buy this Zonkey record

@gatroe @mal do we think Saves the Day is unofficially done? Not a peep on Twitter in years. Nothing about a tour or anything

uhg yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™m feeling since Chris Conley got himself cancelled.

1 Like

Oh yeah theyā€™re done. I saw the bass player with a band called Her Heads on Fire a few months ago so Iā€™m sure they are moving on to new projects

2 Likes

if it was anyone else in the band you could probably give them the boot and figure it out but Chris IS Saves The Day so yeah pretty untouchable. Sucks so bad.

1 Like