Rockjavik: A 3 night run in Iceland

Umphreys fans ruin everything.

2 Likes

Beautiful venue in amazing location: exists

Umphreys fans: better throw beer and puke everywhere

14 Likes

everyone knows you only throw shitty Harpoon IPAs off the Calvin balcony

2 Likes

Just ran into some cringe UM fans at the hot dog stand trying to impress some locals wearing suits, trying to get them into the band. After the UM fans left, the locals were just cracking jokes making fun of Umphreys Magoo. I turned my UM beanie around and tried to pretend to be oblivious. I hate being embarrassed by the fans that love the same band I do, but it’s the honest truth lol.

Edit: all this being said today was fucking awesome. A full day of epic sightseeing capped with an UM show. I can’t complain at all

16 Likes

VFJ is apparently alive and well in Iceland.

Checked out the first hour or so of Star Kitchen last night, venue was about a 5 min walk from Harpa. Joel was on the rail and climbed over it and up onto the stage to sit in for about 10 min. Not sure if it was just a jam but they were teasing Nautilus (Bob James) before he came up and then went fully into it after his sit in.

Dipped out early as I signed up for an 830am guided trail run. Semi regretting that decision at this moment.

6 Likes

I didn’t see the beer throwing or vomit so I guess I got lucky. But even if everyone was on best behavior, do anyone really think UM comes back here? I just don’t see this happening again.

Looking back at the setlist, highlight was Slacker*, not 40s.

Thought they did 40s>NN>40s but I guess not.

Even with all the cancellations and rebookings it seems like this run was a huge success, so who knows? It would be nice to have the option for the band to return, I would probably make the trip if they did.

5 Likes

I mean, it’s not about the band being invited back or planning to go back.

It’s about getting weird and out there and still being respectful.

8 Likes

I just hope they keep doing these European events. Want them to do another tour out there like they did in 06.

2 Likes

I feel like Iceland is kinda a once in a lifetime bucket list type place for a lot of people. Not sure they’d have the same demand two years in a row.

3 Likes

They really need to bring back Jam in the Dam…

13 Likes

If anyone wants me to stream to twitch today, let me know. Think I got it figured out on Friday

4 Likes

Yeah I could see them doing destination shows given the success, but why repeat the same country?

2 Likes

They repeat jams quite often so I can’t see why they wouldn’t repeat countries

13 Likes

#BMG

2 Likes

HEYO!!!

1 Like

IDK, ask Aspen about this though…

Aspen, Colorado…?

1 Like