Rockjavik: A 3 night run in Iceland

The glaciers might not though.

2 Likes

Oh well, it is what it is!

Iā€™ve got extras now for sale, Row 16 right in front of the soundboard.

Hit me up, Iā€™ve already sold 2 and even though they are PDFs (not will call) Iā€™ll reach out to Harpa and get your name put on the PDF ticket.

I also have peeps looking to upgrade, so if you want front row balcony that are cheaper I can refer you to them and then they would buy mine.

Holla!

Still selling mine too. Dead center 10 or 15 rows backā€¦

This thread is getting a little depressing. Hope you guys are all able to offload those tickets, but bummed so many are having to back out.

To change the subject a bit, is anyone doing any fine dining or looking forward to any particular restaurants? Weā€™re planning on doing a tasting menu at The Fish Market, which seems to be one of the nicer restaurants in town. Also hitting up the Hali Country Hotel Restaurant, which was recommended by a user on here, when weā€™re out near JƶkulsĆ”rlĆ³n - this place supposedly has some of the best fish in the country.

Really excited to check out the food scene in general.

Donā€™t mean to make the thread a bummer. Iā€™ve been to Iceland four times, so just not a priority for me. Hoping to go back in the summer for some trekking.

Basically every seafood meal Iā€™ve eaten in Iceland has been one f the best seafood meals Iā€™ve ever eaten. Kaffivagninn in the city, and the Country Hotel Anna come to mind.

Girlfriend and I are splitting our fantasy football winnings to go to Dill the first night weā€™re in town. Itā€™s the only Michelin starred restaurant in Iceland. Rest of the trip will be closer to the one dollar sign category.

I want to say Dill actually lost their star in 2019, but thatā€™ll still be an awesome spot. Itā€™s high on our list, as well.

Iā€™m with you on having some cheaper meals outside of the big ones. Have heard their grocery stores frequently have some awesome ā€˜Take and Bakeā€™ fish dishes that Iā€™m eager to look into since weā€™re at an AirBnB.

Mikkeller has a pub there, so looking forward to drinking some beers there.

Where are people staying? Iā€™m staying at the Canopy by Hilton Downtown.

Didnā€™t mean it that way at all, wasnā€™t singling anyone out! Just hate to see people having to sell their tickets, but good to hear youā€™ve already been several times.

Will definitely be adding Kaffivagninn to our list, that place looks unreal.

For the uninformed (me), is that a well-reputed brewery? A quick search says itā€™s a Danish(?) brewery, but donā€™t know much else past that.

Edit: Bad news - some further searching says the Iceland location may be permanently closed.

Yeah, appears youā€™re right. Still excited!

Iā€™m going to Dill Friday night & some placed called The Grill Market on Sunday.

The Mikkeller location in Reykjavik is whatever, but the cocktail bar the floor before it is dope.

Grill Market is good. Also went to SjĆ”vargrilliĆ° and really enjoyed the meal. Itā€™s all about the Hali Country Hotel though.

Damn, thanks for all the recs. Whos staying at the hotel from the VIP package?

Wish I could buy some of these tickets popping up for this run. Damn kid coming around this time really ruined that plan.

Just got an email from Scottā€™s Cheap Flights - Iceland flights are real cheap. Book em now if you havenā€™t already.

I had a group of 3 going which now looks to be down to 2. Got 1 extra to sit with my and my buddy in row 20 by the soundboard. Face is around $335 for all 3 nights.

Hate to see folks dropping out but I understand how it goes with international travel.

Only 2 months away!

Anyone else going solo?

We are staying at Hotel Borg. .4 mile from Harpa, next to Tjƶrnin lake.
Anyone else in the same spot?
Flying from Seattle. Arrive March 19th at 6am.