Required Listening

6months late but I think this is what you’re looking for:
2/4/09 Mulberry’s>Abyss>Dream
5/24/07 for straight through

1 Like

Yeah but aren’t you glad to be here?!

1 Like

It’s grimy but it’s sexy. We Like to Party encore was almost like the band and crowd were welcoming me to a new cult. I was convinced I was seeing the Biscuits logo in those cup holders at the Mann, wonder what inspired that…

3 Likes

Oh fuck yeah, glad you went! You’re in deep now

1 Like

I still can’t even tell if they are good or not. I think it’s some kind of brainwashing. I can’t stay away

3 Likes

They have their ups and downs. It’s always gonna be a love hate with them.

“They nasty but they good”

Yeah, there are so many great shows that I feel like you’ll settle in. It’s way easier to get into them when they’re currently playing well. There have been some rough stretches, but those are easy to avoid. I will say, and there will be many who back this theory up, but patience is a virtue with this band. There have been times where I’ve completely stepped away, but I always come back & sometimes the fire burns even hotter after a break.

2 Likes

5/21/07 Fucks. Hard.

1 Like

I listened to that one a lot in the few months after it happened.

5-27-07 was tight today.

Okay so State College, PA used to be home to a pizza place called Corrinado’s. Their logo was a hot air balloon. Was this Barber’s inspiration?

Edit: They played at Cafe 210 in State College more or less monthly from March 1997 through February 1998 before they debuted the Hot Air Balloon suite on NYE at Silk City.

Fucking pizza shop apparently opened in 2000. Dude really named his shop after this band?

I’m converted, Umphrey’s sucks. B4L SIYD

4 Likes

What a great name for a pizza place. Shame it isn’t still there.

They used to have a Rampart arcade cabinet there. I played the owner once. He possesed inhuman skills. I think they had Cyberball 2072 as well.

10/19/07 Buddha, god damn.

2 Likes

4/11/08 Vasillios, c’mon

Is this the vass > spaga ?

Is that real? Am I drunk?

1 Like

Ghat damn I love the 08 Boulder RLH so fucking much.

5/25/18 Sound One > Air Song still gets me everytime.

2018 grade A jams make me realize how terrible Barber has been post pandemic in comparison

2018 was one of the best Biscuits years in the last 12 year IMO.

3 Likes

I thought 2019> 2018 but yes post pandemic has been safer/more consistent but not reaching any highs of the previous years.

The 2013 camp 42 > Helix always makes me feel a certain type of way when I put it on.

Usually fully torched.

2 Likes