Required Listening

Noob here. Hit me with those intro shows I need to get on board.

4 Likes

bit.ly/37cnjAL

Good 2.0 starting place.

3 Likes

1/17/08 set one.

Absolutely relentless.

4 Likes

6/27/09

One of the sets will get ya

7 Likes

Fuck yes. This one is a punch to the gut since I lived in town at the time and didn’t know this band existed at the time…

Yeah, both sets are seriously great stuff. The jam in that 2nd part of Astronaut is just ridiculous. The 1st set of 6-28 keeps that momentum going also.

2 Likes

Yeah that palindrome get your sexy on near the second half of astronaut is so hot. The second set and 10/24 shimmy->shanker->shimmyare two of the hottest pieces of dance party music I’ve ever heard.

We don’t talk about the shimmyShank around these parts anymore.

Please. We can’t, because of where we have been.

1 Like

6/13/08 if the MEMPHIS>Helix doesn’t get you right out of the gates, I dk what will.
4/20/09

2 Likes

Okay reporting back. God damn. It’s like entire sets of dance jam peaks and I’m not complaining.

3 Likes

Is that a SexyBack sample?? Absurd

4 Likes

It sure is

1 Like

Mother of god I have discovered the Akira jam

2 Likes

I fucking love it so much when somebody finds & accepts the dark side.

Biscuits are both the most rewarding & can also be the most frustrating (jam)band I’ve ever known. When they’re truly dialed in, there really isn’t much better in the current jam music world.

Fell in love pretty hard in 1999/2000, then kinda lost my interest in the 2004/2005 stretch. The couple ‘06 shows I saw were pretty great again, then ‘07-‘10 happened & I was infatuated once more.

I’m so glad they’re back to being a legit force once again. They have always had the ability, but there have been some shaky years for sure.

1 Like

1 Like

:fire:

1 Like

Please help me I’m starting to imagine what it would be like if Magner played for UM…

2 Likes
4 Likes

4/21/07 was one of the first Umphrey’s shows I heard. I’m just now making the connection as to why I really loved that 3x at the time

Okay this inverted song thing really takes the concept of a reprise to another level.

Is this all mapped out ahead of time?